[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
CringingDragon

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.3 (10/26/2019)

Post by CringingDragon »

I did not. Thank you so much for letting me know though, so much easier than trying to screw around with text edits. Time to go die more in Daggerfall.

Hazelnut

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.3 (10/26/2019)

Post by Hazelnut »

CringingDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:01 pm Ralzar I've had my eye on the archeologist mod but apparently it needs to be updated to newer versions, so I'll wait on that. I'm hoping the modding community brings in an array of other skills to the game, both for the adventure aspect, and I would really like to see emphasis on more mundane jobs, like farming, carpentry and animal husbandry.
What do you mean "apparently it needs to be updated to newer versions"?

The latest version (0.9) works with DFU 0.10.8 and later. I am not aware of any incompatibilities, and I develop most of my code with the mod active so I would hope I'd have noticed.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

Looks like there are a bunch of posts that I need to reply to. I'll get to those. Right now, I just released v0.2.4. This addresses some quality of life changes that people mentioned. In particular, Enemies Transition With You and Disable Pausing have been adjusted. Give them a try again and see what you think.

Changes below:
- CHANGELOG -

v0.2.4 -

[Ironman]
  • You may no longer delete the most recent save of an Ironman game, unless the only remaining save would be the "(Ironman) Start" save. Deleting the most recent save may only be done from the Load menu.
[Ironman Game Systems]
  • Upgraded the "Enemies Transition With You" setting. Now, enemies will only transition with you if you are their current target AND they can see you (including you being in their line-of-sight). Also, the speed at which enemies transition with you is now based on how far they were from you when you transitioned. The minimum transition time for an enemy is half of a second. Finally, enemies will transition at a point near where you were when you transitioned, instead of transitioning on top of you.
  • Changed the "Disable Pausing" setting to allow the game to pause during Quest-generated message boxes. This will allow you to read what quest enemies are saying to you instead of getting an instant beatdown. This change is experimental and other message boxes may pause the game, but I tried a bunch and couldn't find any in the base version of DF Unity. Message boxes from mods - depending on how they're created - may end up pausing the game.
Edit: Actually, I guess this update addressed most of the concerns. Thanks for the feedback, Ralzar/Azteca/Lorex/CringingDragon/Corsair.

I hope you all will give those features a shot again with this new version. Also, @Lorex, that's a good idea about the dismount chance on random encounters. I'll think about adding some version of that - already put it in my notes.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oooh, nice change to transitioning monsters! I'm totally going to reactivate this.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Sorry to drop this on you just after an update, but I just noticed a problem with "Use Armor Material in Hand to Hand". If you're wearing leather or chain gloves, the "material" is considered to be such, properly. The issue is that nothing has a "Material To Hit" property of Leather or Chain, since these are not weapon materials. Even a rat will give you a message saying that you can't hurt them with this material type.

This is obviously a problem, as one needs to be wearing at least iron gloves to even think about hitting anything at all in hand to hand. A Plate Forbidden character can never connect with a punch, making Monk types or lightly armored Thieves entirely noodle wristed with Hand to Hand.

My suggestion is to modify the code and clamp the material at Iron. Also, you might could give a synthetic material bonus in various situations, like one's Career giving you Expertise in Hand to Hand, having a particularly high Hand to Hand skill, or Hand to Hand being Mastered. Taking all of those suggestions, and giving +1 Material class for every 25 points of skill, that would make a Monk class with Expertise, 100 skill, and Mastery in Hand to Hand +6 Material Classes bare handed, or Iron+6 = Adamantium. Silver gauntlets would give +3, which brings it all the way to Daedric.

This would also maker a starting brawler character more viable, as their starting Hand to Hand would likely be around 30-something, giving them a +1 (Steel), plus another one for Expertise (Silver).

You might also consider specializing cases for Leather and Chain, making Bare Fists and Leather Iron equivalent and Chain as Steel.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Jeoshua wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 pm Sorry to drop this on you just after an update, but I just noticed a problem with "Use Armor Material in Hand to Hand".
No problem. I really should have noticed that. Thanks for reporting it! I like your suggestions and I'll work on implementing at least some version of them ASAP. I appreciate the in-depth post. Thanks again!

The next version will also include a setting that, when enabled, will only allow you to receive lycanthropy bonuses when in wereform.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just thought of something.
Modify Critical Strike -
Critical Strike no longer grants a to-hit bonus. It, instead, now has a chance to increase your damage by up to 2.0x with 100% Critical Strike skill (though, it will scale with higher Critical Strike, as well). Currently, you have up to a 20% chance to critically strike with 100% Critical Strike skill - and again, that will scale with over 100% Critical Strike skill. CLASS-BASED ENEMIES WILL ALSO BENEFIT FROM THIS!
How about having a text when this hits? Same as "Successful Backstab!" that shows you that the skill is actually doing something.

Just a
DaggerfallUI.AddHUDText("Critical Strike!");

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

I tested it when I was first implementing the new Critical Strike, and it was a little spammy. It works for backstab because backstabs are much rarer. Shaking the enemy sprite a bit would be cool, but not sure how I'd go about that

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hey Ironman, you aware that your mod wont work with the latest DFU version? Noticed it today.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hopefully it will be a quick and simple fix for you. I'm assuming that it's just the change in the way formula are overridden now that prevents the mod from working in 0.10.15. See https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1642 for more details.

If you need any help give me a shout, my mods were really easy to adjust.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods