Realtime fast-forward resting/loitering

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: Realtime fast-forward resting/loitering

Post by King of Worms »

In my opinion, we should have the resting camera points. Every province = one camera point to switch to.

Resting inside = no camera switch, keep it the way it was.

So this way, only if you rest outside, you get the camera showing the time progress.

And I would use the same exact thing for loitering as well Id say...

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

What would be dope, but not probably doable, is resting creating random dream sequences.

So, have a ton of prerecorded, compressed short clips of differing players playing the game. Could even turn it into a community submission thing. When player goes to rest, sometimes it stays black and reads out a message on waking up like, "you slept well, waking with a clear mind." Other times it will load up different recordings of play sessions until the player wakes and then prints out, "You had a restless night, waking with a cloudy mind."

I always thought sleep was an under-utilized mechanic in almost all games to date. The ultimate experience would be something like in Skyrim, you go to sleep, and then if you dream, it actually initiates a pre-saved/built game of daggerfall mid-play session on a slight accelerated time, lets you play until you die, decide to wake up, or a certain amount of time passes. Or have other mini games that can be played and will unlock certain small character benefits or perks only achievable through the dream state part of the game.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha I really like the idea. Really. But untill the base is ready, which Im still affraid is not happening, this is IMHO on 2nd rail so to speak.

I proposed this mod, because I know the time acceleration is already ingame. It works. It looks great. All we need is a detached camera and a set of basic rules (like no seqences played inside dungeons or buildings)

So I feel its doable and basically at our grasp. And Id like to start with that.

Ps: no sequences in dungeons and buildings solves many issues and at the same time I feel its realistic. You have no idea what is happening outside when you at privateers hold for example.

For dungs, more advanced stuff would be seeing a fireplace during your sleep maybe.