0.10.13 - Building undiscover process at end of quest can undiscover guild halls, etc. [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

Seferoth

0.10.13 - Building undiscover process at end of quest can undiscover guild halls, etc. [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

Post by Seferoth »

Here is the save, sleep in the inn and you notice Thieves Guild Map Marker disappear.
Edit: Here is how the bug triggers for me. Take a quest(smuggle drugs) from Thieves Guild, do the quest, do not return to guild, instead go to inn and rest. This takes away Thieves Guild Map Markers every time for me. Only way to get them back is to travel port to port(only fast travel method in Tedious Travel).
Edit2: In this save i just finished doing the Smuggle Drugs quest and am in front of inn.
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(219.57 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by Seferoth on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Re: (Bug) Thieves Guild Map Markers disappear after staying in the inn.

Post by Hazelnut »

Would you mind confirming that the bug still occurs without any mods please?

Also which version of DFU are you using?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:21 pm Would you mind confirming that the bug still occurs without any mods please?

Also which version of DFU are you using?
Tested and map markers disappear without mods too.
Edit: Using the latest 0.10.12 version
Edit2: I can rest in the wilderness, but not in the inns. Something about resting at the inns deletes Thieves Guild map markers for me...and after doing a quest for them that is.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Found a second bug in this quest(smuggle drugs). Loading the save and returning to thieves guild i noticed that the quest giver gives me "Quest not completed" comment even though i just completed the quest without delay.
Edit2: Those smuggle drugs quests are broken. I am quite sure that is the cause of these problems. The quest giver does not register the quest as done unless i rest at the inn, and resting at the inn causes the map markers to disappear.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So, i did completely a new install, made sure no mods were installed and this bug triggers 100% of the time. You cannot complete the Drugs Delivery quest normally, when you deliver the drugs you get the gold, but nothing else, you wont get reputation bonus from this quest and the quest giver still thinks the quest is not done and wont offer you new missions, and if you sleep at the inn after delivering the drugs you will lose all your Thieves Guild map markers.

Edit: Only way to fix it is to fast travel to same city you are currently on, this however is not possible with Tedious Travel.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thanks for looking in to it.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes I confirmed the bug yesterday. Not been able to track down what is happening and why the discovered buildings are losing this info yet as I am busy.

The way to correct this currently is simply leave the location and come back (just walk far enough away and back again so you get the you are entering message) You do not need to fast travel, although that's the quickest way to correct it. This is due to the way discovery is triggered and has nothing to do with the bug.

May need Nystul to look at this since he recently fixed a lot of things in the discovery system.

The issues you're having with the quest are completely separate I think. Actually I am a bit confused about that because your Drugs Delivery to Papiion has nothing to do with the Thieves Guild hall there.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Well, i go to thieves guild hall(in Papiion) and ask quests, i choose the "Deliver Drugs" from the list and that's how i got the quest to deliver drugst to Papiion. After delivering the drugs i need to sleep in the inn before the quest is counted as complete. Otherwise the quest giver just says "Did i not say in a hurry, or something like that" and never allow me to take another quest.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Whew this was quite tricky to track down. Firstly none of your theories were anywhere near what's happening. The quest isn't broken at all. Maybe a bit wierd maybe... it doesn't require you to return to the questor and only ends after a 1 hour delay once you deliver and get the reward. I'm sure there's a good reason for this, possibly. :)

The problem is that when a quest is tombstoned it removes all discovery data for any buildings that are part of the quest... including the guild hall which in this case is a house. The label is not re-applied until you enter the location again by walking far enough away and returning.

From line 632 of Quest.cs

Code: Select all

// undiscover all quest residences used by this quest
            QuestResource[] allQuestResources = this.GetAllResources(typeof(Place)); // Get list of place quest resources
            for (int i = 0; i < allQuestResources.Length; i++)
            {
                Place place = (Place)allQuestResources[i];
                GameManager.Instance.PlayerGPS.UndiscoverBuilding(place.SiteDetails.buildingKey, true, place.SiteDetails.buildingName);
            }
Interkarma, what do you think the correct resolution of this is? I think it's rarely exposed but we should fix it. Are there any situations where the guild hall should be removed?

Interkarma

0.10.13 - Building undiscover process at end of quest can undiscover guild halls, etc.

Post by Interkarma »

Agreed, this undiscover process should be limited to residences only and exclude TG and DB buildings specifically.

I'll move this to bug reports and update the title now that we have solid information.

Thanks for taking a look. :)