[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD]Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

Started adding clothing calculations today, but it took a lot longer to figure out the code than expected. Many thanks to Hazelnut and BadLuckBurt for helping me out :)
I will see if I can't get it finished tomorrow. Then it will be possible to select long-sleeved tunics for the cold and open short shirts for the warmth. Or a thong and leather straps, if that's your thing...

One thing I did finish, that was a spur-of-the-moment idea: When you look up at the sky, a bit of text pops up describing the weather temperature. Which makes it easier to figure out what you are working with when selecting measures to take.

Will probably release a new build tomorrow if I don't run into any more problems.

darkner11

Post by darkner11 »

First off: I love what this mod is working to achieve! Creating an immersive survival experience is an important thing for me when it comes to Bethesda games. It seems you have made leaps and bounds in that arena with this mod. Great work! :) However, I wonder if it would be too much trouble to request a Nexus upload? I track all DFU mods on the Nexus, as it is simpler to keep pace with mod updates. If not, no biggy. But I'm sure plenty of others in the world who do not frequent these forums would also be interested in adding this mod's aspects to their experience!

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Awesome news. Will the clothing code take into account wear variants? Like if I catch a chill suddenly, would using my cloak to put the hood up help?

Edit: Autocorrect is kicking my ducking ads.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jeoshua wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:42 am Awesome news. Will the clothing code take into account wear variants? Like if I catch a chill suddenly, would using my cloak to put the hood up help?
I don’t think so, but I haven’t gotten to the cloaks yet. If I’m lucky, that might be the case.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

darkner11 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 am However, I wonder if it would be too much trouble to request a Nexus upload?
Yes, the plan is to upload it to Nexus. However, it is still so much in flux that I do not feel like putting it out there just yet. Once I stop constantly adding new features (which is hopefully soon) and go over to more balancing and cleanup I will switch to hosting it there instead.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jeoshua wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:15 pm Imagine an Alik'r Desert that none but the most foolhardy Redguard would dare to go too far into the Southern portions of. The deep desert would be hostile even to the most well equipped adventurer, and without natural and magical bonuses one dare not go much past the coasts.
This bit is actually allready in the game to some degree. Allthough the numbers are up for review as they probably do not reflect it to a strong enough degree.

The white desert area is hotter than the grey desert area. But not by much. I might consider making the white area have even more extreme day and night temperatures?
It's too bad the mountain climates do not have 2 or 3 levels as well. If Woodland Hills was used more I could have worked with that.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm Ah, you beat me to this. After combat overhaul, I wanted to move on to survival features.
Weeeell, if you need some ideas for your next project, I'm keeping a list:

Ralzars List of Hopes and Dreams for DFU Mods

:lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

New version out. v0.8

Clothes now have a lots of different heat levels.
Feel free to report any items that feel like they are too cold or warm compared to their ingame appearance. I had to make some guesses based on names in the code.

0 Stamina bug addressed. In cases where you manage to hit 0 stamina with no averse effects, the mod will start damaging you. Which during Tedious Travel will usually mean swift death.

Desert made even warmer. Desert nights made even colder.

Some bugs discovered upon re-reading code. Noted in the OP. Planned fixed later today.

Once I am sure this all works as it should, I'm probably moving it to Nexus.
Last edited by Ralzar on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Link didn't work for me (404), you added an extra "s" (Climates) in the URL
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh for...

Fixed.