Skill max in unity 95 or 100?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Skill max in unity 95 or 100?

Post by Seferoth »

Quick question, in classic Daggerfall you could only raise 1 skill to 100 and rest to 95, is it same with Unity?

pango

Re: Skill max in unity 95 or 100?

Post by pango »

Yes, first skill to reach 100 makes you a "master" of this skill, and other skills cannot be raised past 95 (or past their current value if they were already past 95)

There has been a discussion on that topic before: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2769
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure. I personally like that you can only master 1 and rest goes up to 95. Kinda ruined immersion when you could easily max everything in Morrowind and Oblivion with master trainers. Sure, even Daggerfall has 1-2 level exploit according to that topic, but that is easily avoidable by playing naturally.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure. I personally like that you can only master 1 and rest goes up to 95. Kinda ruined immersion when you could easily max everything in Morrowind and Oblivion with master trainers. Sure, even Daggerfall has 1-2 level exploit according to that topic, but that is easily avoidable by playing naturally.
Check out this little mod for even more restricted skills.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1649

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:34 pm
Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure. I personally like that you can only master 1 and rest goes up to 95. Kinda ruined immersion when you could easily max everything in Morrowind and Oblivion with master trainers. Sure, even Daggerfall has 1-2 level exploit according to that topic, but that is easily avoidable by playing naturally.
Check out this little mod for even more restricted skills.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1649
Oh, that actually sounds pretty damn good! Thanks for telling me, will give this one a go for sure!
Edit: Now only if there would be a mod to stop enemies going extinct when you level up. Tired of fighting only Ancient Liches and Vampire Ancients and this is with the "random" enemy selection option.

pango

Post by pango »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm Edit: Now only if there would be a mod to stop enemies going extinct when you level up. Tired of fighting only Ancient Liches and Vampire Ancients and this is with the "random" enemy selection option.
Alternate random enemies selection as actually worse both for spawning lower level enemies (even if classic is very low too), and for the randomness of enemies in end game.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

pango wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 pm
Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm Edit: Now only if there would be a mod to stop enemies going extinct when you level up. Tired of fighting only Ancient Liches and Vampire Ancients and this is with the "random" enemy selection option.
Alternate random enemies selection as actually worse both for spawning lower level enemies (even if classic is very low too), and for the randomness of enemies in end game.
Really? That is a very misleading name for that feature then, i suspected that option was suppose to fix the issue of lower level enemies not spawning at higher levels and make more variation to dungeons.
Edit: Thanks for letting me know.

pango

Post by pango »

It's somewhat better mid game, but not end game. You can check the full analysis by following the link
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What you crave is Unleveled World.

You are in good company, but the mod is quite a way off yet since we lack the ability to mod some of the stuff required.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=191

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

I never liked that feature and rarely played with it.

I don't know how i avoided it, if it was a cheat code, a mod or a DOS Box build, but I hated becoming a Master of Running or something daft.

But then, any long-term character would have magick items adding at least 30 points to relevant skills, anyway. I made a Ninja/Acrobat/Monk type once that had no armour or weapons but everything enchanted to Fortify Attributes. Mystic, I think i called it.

;)