Daggerfall Unity 0.10.14

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.14

Post by Interkarma »

0.10.14 has been posted to Live Builds. I've nicknamed this one the "Pango Care Package" because of the great number of fixes and improvements Pango is responsible for in this release. For more, check out this tweet where I cover them with screenshots.

New Features

Pango
  • Emissive properties and light effects to glowing enemies like Fire Daedra and Flame Atronachs
  • Add trail to difficulty dagger in custom class creator, helps show difference between current and previous setting
  • Display gold amount and weight when hovering mouse over Gold button in inventory
  • Optional buff icon size and positions
Hazelnut
  • Crosshair interaction icon
  • Ability for mods to override politic and climate map pixels
  • Reset damaged attributes from temple healing, if you have appropriate rank (Hazelnut/Interkarma)

General Fixes & Improvements
  • Prevent enemies from such as imps flying too low (Pango)
  • Fix localized floating point number exception (Pango)
  • Change travel map selection to a brigher green and make radio buttons operate as select rather than toggle (Pango)
  • Fix playing clip at point not respecting volume (Pango)
  • Remove TABs from quests showing as Unicode characters (Pango)
  • Fix winter snow footsteps in snow-free climates (Pango)
  • Fix music not updating when switching dungeons (Pango)
  • Fix face picker aspect ratio (Pango)
  • Skip climb and rappel checks when not on foot (Pango)
  • Remove shadows from spectral enemies (Pango)
  • Improve some API documentation (TheLacus)
  • Detect applied presets when mod settings are changed in game (TheLacus)
  • Add event for PlayerEnterExit.OnFailedTransition (TheLacus)
  • Subtly lower foliage based on terrain slope so that it doesn't appear to be floating above terrain (Hazelnut)
  • Better implementation of intermittant dungeon spawns using local enemy ecology, this now closely matches classic (Pango/Interkarma)
  • Lower test radius for "enemies nearby" when initiating rest (Interkarma)
  • Can now set target frame rate in settings.ini to a value between 30-240 - any value less than 30 will disable option (Interkarma)
  • Fix ChangeReputeWith to not rearm, fixing uncapped reputation losses in affected quests (Interkarma)
  • Fix healing attributes wrapping around to incorrect magnitude (Interkarma)

Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.14

Post by Jay_H »

It's legitimately amazing how much awesome talent comes through the DFU community. A lot of people just jump in with great contributions, past and present... It's really fantastic watching you folks work as you do. pango is one of many great examples of DFU's force of nature at work :)

Very happy to see the rest distance altered! Let's see how that changes Privateer's Hold and other situations.

pango

Post by pango »

I feels good to see all those fixes and improvements getting merged, no matter who worked on them. Daggerfall Unity entered Alpha more than 4 months ago now, and has been playable for even longer, but at the same time I'm aware of so many buglets or lack of polish remaining here and there, I feel like there's still a lot to do (Pareto law and all that) and didn't want development to lose too much momentum, for the respect of all the efforts that went in the project already (I will never be grateful enough for the thousands of hours that people put into making DFU what it is).
Best way was to keep fixing what I could on my own, but I'm glad to report that the project feels very much alive on GitHub and my fears premature :)

I'm also amazed by what's being done by modders, so many projects that it's hard to follow everything that's being worked on, and the ideas flying around, this is very exciting!

PS: If I had a wishlist as of today,
  • personal most concerning bug right now: climbing still capable of sending you high in the sky. I looked at the code, and wow this is complex, lot of state and intermixed logic, including 3d geometry.
  • personal most anticipated improvement: improved magic feedback. I feel like a gfx noob, I'm sure somebody with more experience will achieve effects 10 times more satisfying than anything I'd attempt, even while keeping things simple.
Thanks for reading me so far ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 amCrosshair interaction icon
Hey! My little QoL suggestion got implemented! Cool :)

And I’m happy to see flying enemies will probably not retreat into the floor all the time now :)

pango

Post by pango »

There's that bug with emission maps and atlases that will need fixing...
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2917&p=33521#p35745
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 am [*] Display gold amount and weight when hovering mouse over Gold button in inventory
[*] Change travel map selection to a brigher green and make radio buttons operate as select rather than toggle (Pango)
[*] Better implementation of intermittant dungeon spawns using local enemy ecology, this now closely matches classic (Pango/Interkarma)
[*] Lower test radius for "enemies nearby" when initiating rest (Interkarma)
I'm really pleased to see my request for the gold display implemented as well, and as a colorblind guy, the map improvement is a big deal! Of course, I'm also jazzed about the fixes to dungeon spawning to better align with classic. Major thanks to pango and other contributors for all the work that went into this new build!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice update, thanks guys and thanks Pango, your patching efforts are spectacular!
I really think your name is so fitting. Mr Petchema aka patch em all :) Thumbs up!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Now that is a very juicy list of fixes. Thank you for the fast support and patching.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

The new spell buff icons options are fantastic! Thank you Pango so much for those.