Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Jay_H »

I've altered the Nexus description :) Thanks for telling me. Give me your feedback when you're done!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:23 pm I've altered the Nexus description :) Thanks for telling me. Give me your feedback when you're done!
Oh i will. Time for Thrandiel of Deerwood to begin his journey towards fame and glory, and hopefully be eaten by a werewolf in the city. :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I've been testing your mod and I like what I see so far. The real question is if new characters are even playable :D

I am thinking of using your code as springboard to look at making different dungeon difficulties. I would prefer to simply merge that work into yours, if I figure out how to code some mod settings, so you can simply choose between several "styles" of spawn tables.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's the real issue with Daggerfall. You don't get to choose where quests are; if you get assigned to a Vampire Haunt at level 1, you're on your own. In Oblivion/Skyrim/Morrowind you're always free to go elsewhere, but Daggerfall has pinpoint precision on where you have to be to advance in guilds. If we made most dungeons easy, you still wouldn't get to choose which ones you're assigned to via the quest system, and you could still face overwhelming odds.

This is what the people demanded, and I'm not sure it's everything they imagined.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 pm That's the real issue with Daggerfall. You don't get to choose where quests are; if you get assigned to a Vampire Haunt at level 1, you're on your own. In Oblivion/Skyrim/Morrowind you're always free to go elsewhere, but Daggerfall has pinpoint precision on where you have to be to advance in guilds. If we made most dungeons easy, you still wouldn't get to choose which ones you're assigned to via the quest system, and you could still face overwhelming odds.

This is what the people demanded, and I'm not sure it's everything they imagined.
It's everything i imagined. I love facing near impossible challenges early game. I love the tension and how i am forced to improvise if i am to survive some situations. For me, it's perfect. Souls games made me a bit masochist anyway. :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Actually, I take it back. We can do it.

We can take the classic quests as part of an Unleveled Quests component and rewrite what dungeons they lead to. Early ranks can lead to caves, strongholds, etc. Later ranks can go to Dragon's Dens, etc.

While we're there, we can rework the rewards to make higher ranks much more lucrative than lower ones. But we can do this.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Wow, now we're talking!

Also, this will not be level scaling, as it will be the actual guilds saying "You're a novice, you get sent on this easy assignment." "You're a master, you get sent into this death-trap."

What LEVEL you happen to be in either scenario is completely irrelevant to the guilds.

Edit: I can't believe THIS is the part of unleveled world we managed to get going? Items and shops looked so much easier on the surface :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, some dialogue re-writing would do well, with the added benefit of differentiating classic quests from Unleveled World quests. An introduction about how this quest would probably be simple, but it's only paying 215 gold, or this one's ugly but it's offering a magic item... Those would be good to include.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I personally enjoy the random nature of the game i have now. Still, i am sure many find the unleveled quests enjoyable. On a side note, i got eaten by a Wereboar 3 times in a matter of 30 minutes with my new level 1 character. Could not be happier. :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent :D There really is something to be said for a Requiem-style playthrough, which is something Daggerfall couldn't offer before.