Help with sudden crashing problem.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Seferoth

Help with sudden crashing problem.

Post by Seferoth »

So, for reason unknown my game suddenly crashes every 2-5 minute or so, it's also incredibly stuttery. Below is my output_log. I hope someone can help.
Attachments
output_log.zip
(12.48 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Interkarma

Re: Help with sudden crashing problem.

Post by Interkarma »

I'd say the below from stack trace is related to issue. Stutters are a common sign of constant garbage collector (GC) hits. If something is allocating memory faster than it releases you can end up with a mono framework crash, which appears to be the case here.

Code: Select all

0x00007FFBA46678AD (mono) mono_gc_out_of_memory
You might need to scale back your mods a bit. Try disabling them all to start with, then re-enabling one-by-one until you find which loadout or combination is causing problems.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Alright, thanks for checking this out. I try to see if i can find the combination that causes problems. I also disabled/deleted all the mods that i don't absolutely need and some features from another mods, might help a bit.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Sadly, with 8 gb DREAM is what did this to me. I could have that or the Hand painted Models and 3d Trees. Not both.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jeoshua wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 pm Sadly, with 8 gb DREAM is what did this to me. I could have that or the Hand painted Models and 3d Trees. Not both.
I have dream and hand painted models both and about dozen other mods, including better interior lighting, post processing effects,etc. Well, i uninstalled couple of mods and disables some features from others and crashings seems to have stopped, it's a bit stuttery now and then, but i can live with that, i can even live with crash in hour or two...after all i did play about 3000 hours of Morrowind on Xbox, now there was crashy game. :D

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Yeah I've been playing in Unity and the game deffinitely stutters when walking around. There is a read out telling me that the scenery took like 2000ms to generate, usually. Daggerfall is a big world and most of the time it is streamed in as needed. Other than a streamlined streaming system (which would end up "poppy" like Unreal Engine) there isn't much to be done.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I still have bizarre problem, every time i create a new character the game will crash in matter of minutes, but after that it's fine...with small stuttering of course. Well, it does not bother me at all as i can predict the crash and i have time to save my character before the first crash.