0.10.14: High Elf is paralyzed

Jay_H

0.10.14: High Elf is paralyzed

Post by Jay_H »

Just created a new High Elf to try out some mods, and I'm paralyzed by a spider. Save game

Happens with no mods.

Seferoth

Re: 0.10.14: High Elf is paralyzed

Post by Seferoth »

I suppose the low tolerance to magic nullifies the immunity/turns immunity to simply resist?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:36 pm I suppose the low tolerance to magic nullifies the immunity/turns immunity to simply resist?
It shouldn't in DFU - that classic bug/exploit where magic resist also affects paralysis resist etc. was fixed. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes2Mod:Dagger ... to_Magicka

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's also on every single strike, so even reducing the immunity shouldn't be so severe.

EDIT: For some reason in my career info, "Paralysis": "Normal" was present. I changed it to "Immune" and am doing OK. Dunno how it happened, I just generated this fellow today.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

High Elves don't use the career tolerance setting (as it's a racial perk). Rather this is assigned during the saving throw process if player is a High Elf.

Spiders and scorpions use a magic-based spell called Spider's Bite to inflict their paralysis. I feel the low tolerance to magic is contributing here under default circumstances.

I think I know what's going on, will add a fix in this weekend's builds. Thanks for reporting Jay.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Getting paralyzed as High Elf as well(0.10.17) by spiders, character has low tolerance to magic however. This is not a bug?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's a bug report and not yet fixed.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:05 am It's a bug report and not yet fixed.
Was not sure which one was bug. The fact that you were paralyzed by each time(i am not) or the fact that you get paralyzed in the first place.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

The bug is that High Elves are intended to be completely immune to paralysis but weak to all other magical effects. That isn't the case, hence the bug.

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

According to the code comments this is not a bug:

Code: Select all

Innate immunity if high elf. Start with 100 saving throw, but can be modified by tolerance flags. 
Note this differs from classic, where high elves have 100% immunity regardless of tolerance flags.
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... r.cs#L1180

But I created a Pull Request anyway to change this to make racial immunity to paralysis 100% regardless of magic weaknesses.
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1678

Edit: ah, now I realize this allows you to take weaknesses to paralysis during charatcer creation without taking penalties. I will need to close that loophole.
Edit2: I updated the pull request to ignore racial immunity if players have chosen for a weakness to paralysis.
Last edited by JorisVanEijden on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.