[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

Have added a list of modules to the top of the first post since there are quite a few now.

Also added the new one I implemented today which is a speed limiter on weapon attack speed. For most weapons, strength will count towards attack speed: 20% for 1 Handed and 50% for 2 Handed. Above 70 speed, there will be diminishing returns on attack speed with a cap of 100% for no weapon, 97% for daggers, 92% for 1H and 85% for 2H.

So you can't simply get 100 speed and start swinging warhammers with 4.4 attacks / second anymore and go jam making through dungeons!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:25 pm Also added the new one I implemented today which is a speed limiter on weapon attack speed. For most weapons, strength will count towards attack speed: 20% for 1 Handed and 50% for 2 Handed. Above 70 speed, there will be diminishing returns on attack speed with a cap of 100% for no weapon, 97% for daggers, 92% for 1H and 85% for 2H.

So you can't simply get 100 speed and start swinging warhammers with 4.4 attacks / second anymore and go jam making through dungeons!
Sounds like a great idea :)

So, let's me see if I understand correctly: for example, let's pretend that my character has got 80 STR and 60 SPD, and want to use a 1 handed weapon.
Without the mod, he swings at 60% of max weapon speed (IIRC, every 10 points of SPD, your attack speed increase 10%).
With this mod, he swing at (0,2*80)+(0,8*60) = 64% of max weapon speed?
And for a 2 handed weapon, with this mod, he swings at (0,5*80)+(0,5*60)= 70% of max weapon speed?

I like the attack speed cap idea depending on the types of weapon. But, exactly, what do you mean by
Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:25 pm Above 70 speed, there will be diminishing returns on attack speed
Something like that instead of increasing 10% every 10 SPD, it will increase 5% ? :?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent addition, and very necessary. Now to go into a swing-frenzy, you must use short blades. Great idea!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah sort of. Think of a linear increase that heads from 0 - 100%, well now at 70 the line changes angle and heads for 85% for 2 handers for instance. So you never get 4.4 attacks per second even with 100 speed and strength. Swinging a warhammer that fast is ridiculous. This also means that there are speed benefits to using no weapons or daggers as they can attack much faster for a high speed char. I should post the attacks/sec for each class of weapon at 100 stats, but I deleted the spreadsheet instead of saving it. oops. I'll do it again when I write up the module.

Also Jay, note I said daggers not short blades. Unfortunately short blades use the same category of animation so I couldn't add a distinction for them so they are same as all 1 handed weapons, only daggers where the graphic changes are really fast.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hey, no big deal. It's a system to learn and I'm happy it exists :)

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Any intention of buffing the Bandages portion of this mod? Bandages should either stack, or have multiple uses per stack, and be more available from shops. Plus using a bandage should count towards Medical skill progression, leveling the skill.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Galloping does not seem to work with the latest version and i did download your updated version from Nexus.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

I know that I changed the code of the base game to stack bandages (1/10 difficulty, not exposed to the modding interface) and I couldn't get the bandages to be used on a 1:1 basis. It would use the whole stack.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Daedros wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 am Any intention of buffing the Bandages portion of this mod? Bandages should either stack, or have multiple uses per stack, and be more available from shops. Plus using a bandage should count towards Medical skill progression, leveling the skill.
I could do that, but not in this modpack. I will move it to the new mod I'm making called (provisionally) LootRealism where I am changing items and loot generation to be a bit more realistic. It's still Daggerfall, just tweaked & refined, so please don't get excited that it's a complete overhaul of DFU items - because it's not. I could move usable bandages over to there and enable stacking etc. I will probably reduce the effectiveness of them as they will be lighter and stack. Not sure about levelling the skill, especially once stacking them etc. It's already trained quite well via resting isn't it?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:05 pm Galloping does not seem to work with the latest version and i did download your updated version from Nexus.
So you've broken your horse? Oh dear. :D

I've no idea why this would have changed. Check the settings that enhanced riding is definitely enabled.