Alchemist's shop?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
daggerdude

Alchemist's shop?

Post by daggerdude »

I hate having to join a temple and work my way up the ladder to buy potions. I think that temples should offer discounted potions, but that potions can be bought in general at a specialty store.

has anyone done anything like this or thought about this before?

Ralzar

Re: Alchemist's shop?

Post by Ralzar »

Agreed. I always wonder what alchemist shop owners do. Are they really just temple suppliers? SInce they apparently don't actually know how to make potions themselves?

What I'd like to see:

1: Alchemists sell expensive potions.

2: Alchemists offer the service "Cure Poison", the same way temples offer "Cure Disease".

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

You can always join Dark Brotherhood to buy potions.
Edit: Still, i suppose it would be nice that Alchemist could sell potions, but it would reduce the value of Temples as an faction.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Well my idea is that these shops would sell potions for a high premium and that guilds would be much cheaper.

DaveCastle

Post by DaveCastle »

Well, that, and they should also provide a potion mixing service. I don't understand why they don't have that by default.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
- Mark Twain

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Well maybe not a DIY service, but ORDERING POTIONS CUSTOM. Like item repairs, should take time and money. extra money for the effort.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

daggerdude wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 am Well maybe not a DIY service, but ORDERING POTIONS CUSTOM. Like item repairs, should take time and money. extra money for the effort.
I like this idea a lot. Ordering potions sounds really cool and RP enhancing feature.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

I wonder why they didn't make this in the original game? They made apothecary shops, why not got a step further and put potions on the shelf or have a custom order thing?

I still think that whatever the alchemist would look like it would be better to use the temple.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

daggerdude wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 am I wonder why they didn't make this in the original game? They made apothecary shops, why not got a step further and put potions on the shelf or have a custom order thing?

I still think that whatever the alchemist would look like it would be better to use the temple.
I think they wanted Factions to have special services so there would be actual reasons to join them. Still, ordering Potions would be a great feature as you would have to wait to get your potions, while you could still get them instantly by using the Potion Maker at faction bases.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:46 am
daggerdude wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 am I wonder why they didn't make this in the original game? They made apothecary shops, why not got a step further and put potions on the shelf or have a custom order thing?

I think they wanted Factions to have special services so there would be actual reasons to join them. Still, ordering Potions would be a great feature as you would have to wait to get your potions, while you could still get them instantly by using the Potion Maker at faction bases.
This actually goes beyond just Alchemists. I've had a long thread about basically the same thing for armorers.

Why can't you custom order items (for increased price) from shops where the price defines how long it takes before it is ready? Custom order armor? Weapons? Clothes? (come on, it's a TAILOR)