[MOD] Orchestral and Accoustic Remaster of Daggerfall Soundtrack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Lord_Braathen

[MOD] Orchestral and Accoustic Remaster of Daggerfall Soundtrack

Post by Lord_Braathen »

Hi there, I'm a long time reader of this forum, i even followed the progress on DaggerXL :roll:
Few months ago, I decided to remaster the soundtrack of this fabulous game.
And today, i'm proud to present the result of my work :

Orchestral and Accoustic Remaster of Daggerfall Soundtrack

You will find all the tracks of the original game remastered with patience and thoroughness.
I tried to remain the most faithful to the original material, so it's not a reorchestration, it's a remaster.
However, for some musics, I had to make some arrangements and modifications.

Whereas I'm not a musician, I am totally dedicated to the magic of Music, so I did my possible to make these compositions sound better than ever.
To be honest, i was helped with my several quality instruments (VST) which did all the work for me.
I know there are some remasters already, and they did an awesome job, but the virtual instruments used were not the best.
I spent hundreds of hours and €uros (money, a lot of money) to catch the correct instrument tonality for each track.

Many examples on my Soundcloud page (please tell me how Soundcloud's integration works on this forum) :

https://soundcloud.com/user-807314648-66078874/tracks

Changelog 1.1.2 : Once again I forgot underscores in the tracks's names "
"song_gday___d.ogg" and "song_gsnow__b.ogg"
Sorry again for the drawbacks (even if it's a new mod)
Changelog 1.1 :
- Some song names fixed to be played on all operating systems
- A track name with the correct name (song_5strong)
- song_snowing version (choirs replaced by strings sections)
- song_tavern (reverb more accurate for a Tavern)
Note : From now on, i will keep the ogg with 196kb/s bitrate. It wont make a difference ingame.
Will come 1.2 :
Tracks length adjusted to loop correctly ingame

'
EDIT : I forgot underscores in few tracks.
Sorry for the mistake,...

Download link :

1) http://www.mediafire.com/file/hy6fpiyok ... 2.zip/file

2) https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

3) https://www.moddb.com/mods/orchestral-a ... /downloads

Installation :

1) Download the file
2) Go to your Daggerfall Unity folder (ex : "C:\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data")
3) Then in the "StreamingAssets" and if there is a "Sound" folder, open it, if not create it
4) Open the archive "Daggerfall_Soundtrack_Remaster_Lord_Braathen.zip"
5) Extract all in the Sound folder ( ex: "C:\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Sound")
6) Enjoy

It's not the definitive version, so I make a call to all Daggerfall Players.
Could you please make some feedbacks to help me improving the existent remaster.
I'm eager to make the best soundtrack for Daggerfall and it cannot be done without you.

To contact me, you can E-mail me on lordbraathen@laposte.net or post your feedbacks here ;)

All materials and names are registered and are the property of © 2019 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company.
Last edited by Lord_Braathen on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Seferoth

Re: [MOD] Orchestral and Accoustic Remaster of Daggerfall Soundtrack

Post by Seferoth »

As i posted at the Nexus your work is amazing! These tracks will never leave my game. My heartfelt thanks for making this.

Lord_Braathen

Post by Lord_Braathen »

[Thank you again Seferoth.]

I will be very grateful if some volunteers would have the kindness of listening the tracks i made and tell me if something is wrong. I did the beta testing myself, but maybe there is something wrong i did not notice.

Do not hesitate to give a try, nothing to loose everyone win !

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I cant seem to listen the tracks= Song_04,Song_08,Song_13,Song_22,Song_23,Song_25,Song_29,Song_D3,Song_D9,Song_Dag1,Song_Dag2,Song_Dag4,Song_Dag5,Song_Dag9,Song_Dag10,Song_Dungeon5,Song_Dungeon6,Song_Dungeon7,Song_fbad,Song_fcurse,Song_feerie,Song_fm_dngn2,Song_fm_dngn3,Song_fm_rain,Song_fm_sqr2,Song_fm_swim2,Song_fmover_c,Song_fmsneak2,Song_fneut,Song_folk1,Song_folk2,Song_fpalac,Song_fruins,Song_fsneak2,Song_fsnow_b,Song_gbad,Song_gcurse,Song_geerie,Song_gneut,Song_gpalac,Song_gruins,Song_gshop,Song_gsneak2,Song_gsnow_b,Song_overcast,Song_overlong,Song_raining,Song_square2,Song_tavern. These were all that i could not play. Are they silent on purpose or is there something i missed?

Lord_Braathen

Post by Lord_Braathen »

Thanks for this great help !
1) For Dag1 to Dag11, they're not part of the game normally. (just a compilation made by the one who pack all the midi files)

2) The tracks which begin with a f (not all) are the stronger version of the g ones (example : "fneut" and "gneut", i don't know when they are played).

3) FM tracks were made for Soundblaster cards owners, i did not know if i was supposed to touch it, but I decided to put them anyway.

4) For the others, i have already heard several of them in many situations and contexts. The musics are choosed by the game very randomly. I used a lot map's travels to test the maximum of tracks.

But if they remain silent (no music at all), I think the bitrate of the tracks are too high (320 kbs), i will reduce it to 192 kbs for the v1.1, it's a very quick modification which can solve these problems and it will not decrease the quality that much.

It will be done today in few hours.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Alright, we still don't know if the problem is my hardware. Still, i could listen other songs just fine, but those that i listed would not play. I will test 1.1 after you release it and give you my feedback, the songs itself are amazing, so no worries there. :)

Lord_Braathen

Post by Lord_Braathen »

One question Seferoth :
Is the files in the zip which does not work or the music in the game only ?
I downloaded all the zip files from the sources where i uploaded it, but so far, no file is corrupted.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Lord_Braathen wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:56 am One question Seferoth :
Is the files in the zip which does not work or the music in the game only ?
I downloaded all the zip files from the sources where i uploaded it, but so far, no file is corrupted.
Music in the zip. There is no way i could easily listen them all in game.

Lord_Braathen

Post by Lord_Braathen »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 pm Music in the zip. There is no way i could easily listen them all in game.
My thought is a problem of codecs or music player one. I tried the ones you enumerated and all work fine with me.
From years, i use this codec pack and i had no problem with it, Klite codec pack :
https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Give a try and tell me if it's fine then.

Version 1.0b released : http://www.mediafire.com/file/93lhlyhum ... b.zip/file

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Actually the tracks in the 1.0b all works fine without updating my codecs. So, whatever you did to them worked on my system. :) . I now managed to listen to the rest of the tracks, and i just cannot find a thing to complain.