Cannot progress main quest

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Dovakhiin

Cannot progress main quest

Post by Dovakhiin »

Apologies if this is in the wrong section....

I dont know if I've broken the game but I cannot seem to get any further on the main quest.

Somehow I have managed to complete "Dust of Restful Death" by Medora giving me the treated Lich dust which I have to use on Lysandus's coffin. However I have yet to discover its location.

Looking at the wiki it says I have to wait until Queen Akorithi ask me to get a painting for her and then a quest for an agent of the Underking at Castle Llugwych. However, neither of these things have happened and when I speak to Queen Ak, she just gives me a normal run of the mill quest. Ive been to Sentinel, Wayrest and Daggerfall several times. Even went back to Medora, but when I click on here, she doesnt say or do anything.

I even went to Menevia to have a look around if there were anything i could pick up to trigger his (Lysandus) location or quest etc.

I dont know if there is a way to activate these quests but Ive tried everything else, like waiting, resting for days on end, doing other side quests for guilds etc. Just cant seem to progress.

Any ideas?

Ralzar

Re: Cannot progress main quest

Post by Ralzar »

Well, the painting quest starts with a letter asking you to come to Sentinel within the end of the season. Maybe you didn’t notice this letter and a season passsed?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It could just be that you've missed a deadline as Ralzar suggests. Are you able to provide a save? Someone can take a look and offer some help.

Dovakhiin

Post by Dovakhiin »

Eventually i ended up starting a new game altogether.

I managed to get the paint for the queen, done other quests, have the lich dust from Medora. Now I am just waiting for the underking agent to contact me, (Which i hope is soon....) so I can discover the location of King Lysandus' tomb!

Dovakhiin

Post by Dovakhiin »

Hmmm still no contact from anyone else (underking agents or otherwise)

Is there something i can do to trigger the quest further?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

As mentioned above, if you post a save then someone will be able to help further. :)

Dovakhiin

Post by Dovakhiin »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:51 pm As mentioned above, if you post a save then someone will be able to help further. :)
ok, how do I post a save? Sorry if i sound lame, still a noob! ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Dovakhiin wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 pm
Interkarma wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:51 pm As mentioned above, if you post a save then someone will be able to help further. :)
ok, how do I post a save? Sorry if i sound lame, still a noob! ;)
See Locating Saves & Logs.

Corsair

Post by Corsair »

I also had a glitch with this quest, but toward the end. According to UESP, there's two responses that the queen gives you, depending what you say about the painting:
Return to Castle Sentinel and speak to Akorithi, who will ask if you examined the painting. If you tell her you didn't, she will say,

"Excellent. Its properties are inappropriate for those not of royal blood. You have shown yourself to be not only loyal, but also obedient."

If you tell her you did, she will say,

"You presume much (player's name). What you saw is not for the prying eyes of the masses. It concerns matters of royalty and will be dealt with by royalty."

However, no matter what my choice is, I'm given my gold and nothing. . . anyone else experience something similar? I tried reloading the game as well, but no dice.

Dovakhiin

Post by Dovakhiin »

I didnt look at the painting and got the "excellent" speech. However since then nothing.

I have found I can manually start the quest using the console, however this then presents another problem.

It gives you a location which is not on the map and therefore impossible to find!! ARGH! :x