[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

Just uploading this to nexus mods and writing it up. Should be live now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/61/

Happy Christmas to all DFU fans and supporters!

Hope you enjoy this present, along with 3 new R&R modules.

:ugeek:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thank you both for your hard work. DFU just keeps getting better. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hmm, I'll have to adjust Unleveled Quest rewards to match this when I get a chance.

Another excellent mod! Thanks :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm Hmm, I'll have to adjust Unleveled Quest rewards to match this when I get a chance.

Another excellent mod! Thanks :)
Not necessarily. With the mob gold and item drop reduced, the quest rewards actually matter. Which they don't really do in vanilla.
And since we can't get at the script for humanoid equipment, you'll still run into stuff like a mage dropping a deadric cuirass.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

I swear I'll always appreciate having a wagon after this struggle. 8k for a wagon is killing me, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm I swear I'll always appreciate having a wagon after this struggle. 8k for a wagon is killing me, but I'm loving every minute of it.
Or, you could just NOT buy a wagon ;)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 pm
ZerioctheTank wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm I swear I'll always appreciate having a wagon after this struggle. 8k for a wagon is killing me, but I'm loving every minute of it.
I think i would broke my 27 previously broken bones again instead of playing Daggerfall without wagon. :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:29 pm
I think i would broke my 27 previously broken bones again instead of playing Daggerfall without wagon. :D
Since I started playing DFU, the only character I've played that had a wagon, was my mage character who had a goal of collecting every book in the game in her wagon for a mobile library.

Other than that, I just buy a horse as long as it fits the character.

It's not really a problem once you stop trying to pick up and sell everything. What more do you really NEED than a set of armor, a melee weapon and a bow? The money goes in the bank and it's not like anyone makes potions, so no ingredients.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Since I started playing DFU, the only character I've played that had a wagon, was my mage character who had a goal of collecting every book in the game in her wagon for a mobile library.

Other than that, I just buy a horse as long as it fits the character.

It's not really a problem once you stop trying to pick up and sell everything. What more do you really NEED than a set of armor, a melee weapon and a bow? The money goes in the bank and it's not like anyone makes potions, so no ingredients.
A 1m+ gold piece house,a ship, enough money to summon every single Daedric Prince, enchant every single part of your equipments. That about sums it up. I need lots of money and playing a dungeon crawler without hoarding all the loot feels just wrong.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

After the struggle of walking halfway across Daggerfall during winter my guy managed to save up enough to buy a wagon. No way in hell I'll be walking from one end of the country to the other lol.