Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:52 pm Excellent. Thanks for the thorough testing, feedback, and compliment. I suppose next I can call it 1.0 without major concerns :)
Definitely you can call it 1.0. No issues whatsoever was found during my 100+ hours of using it. This mod will never ever leave my game. :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Just another small little story, so i was travelling in the wild when i encountered a gargoyle, tried to fight it, but was getting my ass kicked(new character) so i started to ran away and made the most terrible mistake ever...i turned to look where the gargoyle currently is and i kept backing away...the vampire to whom i backed against got herself a nice meal. :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, what a trick :D You're still wandering around at night, aren't you?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 pm Ah, what a trick :D You're still wandering around at night, aren't you?
I never learn. :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Another nightly adventure. So, random encounter, oh look a vampire...good thing i have this handy Fireball spell, everything was going smoothly until i lost over half my health, i was like how did she hit me across the goddamn map?! Well, it was not the Vampire that hit me, it was a Werewolf biting my butt. Great! Now i am fighting a Werewolf and a Vampire, at least i can keep my distance and throw Fireballs, take that spawns of hell!...and i was killed by a Gargoyle which i had not noticed. Is that enough enemies game?! :D

ps: Still loving every minute of this mod. :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Only a slightly related to this mod, but i met a vampire in the same exact position 2 times and both times my character managed to pacify her with a skill of 5 or something. Both times we spend the night killing bats and rogues. Clearly a legendary love story in the making here. :D

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

This is something that all Elder Scrolls games need, at least for some players like myself. Leveled enemies are boring. I've played like 500 hours of Requiem Skyrim and can't play Oblivion without the Obscuro's Overhaul.

Unfortunately I'm really not getting the same spawns that other players are reporting. In the wilderness (tedious travel) I'm getting a lot of animal spawns like Spriggens/Bears/Tigers etc. at both night and day with the occasional bandit/zombie/gargoyle. Night doesn't seem any more dangerous that daytime. Haven't had any super unique spawns like Vampires at all.

Not sure if this is intended or if one of my mods like Warm Ashes is conflicting. I'm now using "Wilderness NPCs" mod in place of Warm Ashes, so I'll see what this does.

Seferoth: I'm amused by your stories/explanations of your experience with this mod and it's spawns! :D For me it's fun to hear about other player's experiences in games, particularly when they are unique. Well, I guess that's also why there are video "let's plays" online. Just not the same as something in writing.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Well, this is another little story. Got a mission from School of Julianos to find a lost scholar. Ok, nice and easy dungeoncrawling quest(I kinda forget that there are no such things with Unleveled Mobs :D). The dungeon was the worst place in Tamriel. The REGULAR enemy there was Ancient Lich, i managed(after countless save and reloads) to find where the quest target is, it was in a very small room where you have to levitate from below(did not see other way) and it was filled with six yes SIX Ancient Liches. My character was level 4! It took me an hour of reloads to get to him and recall out. :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, I'm not often commenting but I love reading these stories too ;)

The surefire way to know if the mod is working or not is to leave town at night and find some random spawns. If they're anything but undead, something isn't working with the install. Be sure to check whether it's enabled in the mod menu, and whether your DFU install is clean from the start. Also, a mod like Wilderness Encounters will add more variables to the fray so I can't account for what it could create.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Okay, thanks for the tips. Will keep experimenting with different scenarios to see what the wilderness spawns do.