[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: [MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:38 pm Hm... what even IS Privateers Hold?
Huh? You are joking right? The first dungeon...where you start the game. Am i missing something here?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's a Human Stronghold ;)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yes, thank you. Sorry for the confusion, I was just wondering what type of dngeon it was defined as.

So these books and items, can you remember if you found them in loot piles or on enemies?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 pm Yes, thank you. Sorry for the confusion, I was just wondering what type of dngeon it was defined as.

So these books and items, can you remember if you found them in loot piles or on enemies?
Loot piles, but i did find lots of silver and elven items from humans so those of course gave quite a bit gold for me too.
Edit: One of the magical items was Enchanted Elven(or silver...) Dai-katana, i am quite sure that gave me tons of gold.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Makes me wonder what the loot would look like on the Warriors that continuously spawn every 15 game minutes during the "Public Relation" Coven quest. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Public_Relation
I farmed those for Daedric gear without this mod. Good way to get gear/gold while working up Coven reputation for cheaper Daedra Prince summons.

pango

Post by pango »

Some crazy idea that crossed my mind about realistic loot...
Wouldn't it make sense, in dungeons with paralyzing critters, that NPCs without natural immunity to paralysis would sometimes carry around a few potions of free action? Or that they keep a stock on some shelf?

They shouldn't be so common that you could go in such dungeons lightly, but it could make a pleasant surprise (or finding a NPC with free action potions a desperate strategy when you're short on supplies).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Got to say: the logic of that is right up there with, but below "people who just an arrow at you should have at least a bow in their loot".

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

pango wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:06 pm Some crazy idea that crossed my mind about realistic loot...
Wouldn't it make sense, in dungeons with paralyzing critters, that NPCs without natural immunity to paralysis would sometimes carry around a few potions of free action? Or that they keep a stock on some shelf?

They shouldn't be so common that you could go in such dungeons lightly, but it could make a pleasant surprise (or finding a NPC with free action potions a desperate strategy when you're short on supplies).
Man, that would be nice. My current character keeps winding up in dungeons filled with scorpions.

However this falls in the category of stuff that the mod can't touch at the moment. So far it only replaces the loot table in the game, but potions is just a yes/no. There is no way to effect what kind of potion is dropped, same as it doesn't effect the armor and weapon materials. This is stuff I hope can be implemented in the future, but is more Hazelnut-level coding :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Coming very soon to this mod are modules for skill based starting equipment and spells - for both classes and custom chars. What you start with will be dependent on your primary and secondary skills. Well, except for shirt, trousers, spellbook, and an crappy iron dagger.. everyone gets those. :)

Lucky characters may start with a steel weapon for their skill. All skill based equipment you start with will not be in brand new condition. That would be silly as there's no convenience store near PH.

This does not affect the items gained from answering the questions, that's unchanged.. except for the Ebony Dagger which is pretty bad condition so you will not be able to rely on it for the first half dozen levels without repairing it. :twisted:

Hopefully those who choose spell schools as primary will be pleased that they get extra spells. 8-)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Just uploaded v0.2 of Loot Realism to Nexus!

Containing 4 new modules:
  • Condition Based Prices
  • Realistic Enemy Equipment
  • Skill Based Starting Equipment
  • Skill Based Starting Spells
Along with some fine tuning of the existing modules. Horse and Carts are not quite so mortgage (loan) inducing now at 3000 & 1000 gold for instance. Went a bit mad before in 0.1.. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods