damaged attributes for an assassin - any shortcuts?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
daggerdude

damaged attributes for an assassin - any shortcuts?

Post by daggerdude »

So for whatever reason cure poison and cure disease does not work to cure damage attributes as a result of poison, and a temple will not cure it with the cure disease button. You can't buy potions right off the bat, and things are very difficult as it is even if you have potions for sale to find the specific potion.

My character is an assassin, so cannot join the mages guild to buy a spell. It's also very tricky trying to move on with only 30 speed to play with....

Any advise?

pango

Re: damaged attributes for an assassin - any shortcuts?

Post by pango »

daggerdude wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:51 pm So for whatever reason cure poison and cure disease does not work to cure damage attributes as a result of poison, and a temple will not cure it with the cure disease button.
What version are you using? Because while the former is to be expected in Daggerfall, the latter is supposed to work since 0.10.14
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

pango wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 am What version are you using? Because while the former is to be expected in Daggerfall, the latter is supposed to work since 0.10.14
It does, but rank is required for this service.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

You unfortunately need to actually join the Temple(any of them) and get to the rank where they start giving you free healing. After that they heal your attributes for free. I really dislike this system, it just feels so character breaking when my badass massmurdering assassin is forced to join a lame temple just to heal attributes. I doubt those Temple members would even want a character like that in their faction.(except School of Julianos) :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well 2 temples will give you the service as soon as you join (Arkay & Stendarr) so you could join to heal and do zero quests or ranking with them.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 pm Well 2 temples will give you the service as soon as you join (Arkay & Stendarr) so you could join to heal and do zero quests or ranking with them.
They do? Was not aware of that actually. Always thought that you need at least 1 rank up. Thanks for the info.
Edit: Arkay temple also has Shortblade,backstab,destruction and daedric as required skills, usually characters of more "evil" nature would have at least one of those skills high enough to join. Medical is also quite common skill.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

updating my version now and will get back on this one.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

So as i feared cure disease does not also cure attribute damage. This should absolutely be a thing as a quality of life feature so that you dont have to join a temple in order to get attribute restoration... especially if you can't buy potions like in later games .

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

daggerdude wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:48 pm So as i feared cure disease does not also cure attribute damage. This should absolutely be a thing as a quality of life feature so that you dont have to join a temple in order to get attribute restoration... especially if you can't buy potions like in later games .
I do agree that there should be some way to restore damage attributes without joining a faction, but it should be a mod. This is how classic works. I still think the best way to do this would be that Temples would heal damaged attributes on holidays when they offer free/discounted services.

Edit: I made a mod request for this as there are now multiple people requesting this feature.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:08 am
daggerdude wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:48 pm So as i feared cure disease does not also cure attribute damage. This should absolutely be a thing as a quality of life feature so that you dont have to join a temple in order to get attribute restoration... especially if you can't buy potions like in later games .
I do agree that there should be some way to restore damage attributes without joining a faction, but it should be a mod. This is how classic works. I still think the best way to do this would be that Temples would heal damaged attributes on holidays when they offer free/discounted services.

Edit: I made a mod request for this as there are now multiple people requesting this feature.
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.