Daniel87 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:49 am
L57 wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:50 am
Jay_H wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm
If you want to learn how, I have my github repository
publicly available. If you alter the tables and learn to set up the mod yourself in the Unity editor, you can create other editions.
Thank you again, I managed to do this! Now I have one more question: how common are pre-set un-leveled opponents in the game? I have an idea to make ancient vampires and ancient liches rare and 'unique' encounters. Sacrificing some gameplay fun at higher levels probably — but instead get the feeling that you encounter some ancient evil guy who actually terrorize the surrounding lands, not just yet another enemy to kill.
Will it be enough to withdraw ancient liches/vampires from leveling lists completely to accomplish that? If I understand correctly, these guys still spawn as quest objectives and some pre-set enemies in dungeon blocks (who do not level) in this case. So the question is: how frequent are these pre-set enemies (namely ancient liches and ancient vampires)?
I'm afraid they may disappear almost completely and remain only as quest objectives, while I want to preserve some element of surprise due to these fixed enemies in dungeons. Hope for the vanilla design of the game in this regard
Please do it! I totally love your idea and think it is way more emersive than "Oh boy, there we go again! Another super badass enemy slain with one hit. Oh wait, his whole family is also joining!... all dead, there they go."
Having high level bad ass vampires and liches appear rarely but being filled to the brim with amazing loot would be more credible and get the player more exciting to finally see them and have a long, difficult fight.
If Jay_H doesn't mind it, I can upload my version of .dfmod file of his Unleveled Mobs — if you're satisfied with my changes. Otherwise I probably can create different version that fits you personal tastes better. However, I can't make these ancient ones any stronger than as in original game. (and I don't think I should — after all, your character is supposed to become true Champion who could kill EVEN ancient ones with ease eventually)
This is what I changed (and going to change):
1) mostly animal and hostile humanoids encounters in wilderness. Depends on climate zone and day/night time. Bears in mountains and forests, scorpions in jungles and deserts. Bats and spiders during night only (being nocturnal animals) and such. Supernatural undead ones excluded, but you can encounter spriggan, harpies (at night) sometimes. I considered centaurs and giant as general 'wildlife', so you can find them as well.
2) nymphs are still a rare beast, and you can encounter them in 'natural cave'-type dungeons only (I remember there is an in-game book or other source which says that nymphs are rare and live in grottos);
3) night-time encounters in towns: some robbers, drunken barbarians and rats and bats. You can find vampires and were-creatures at higher level sometimes though.
4) as I suggest, going to withdraw ancient liches and ancient vampires from leveled lists completely. These guys should pop up in as a quest objectives and (I hope so) as fixed un-leveled mobs here and there.
5) some other minor tweaks which I already can't remember clearly. A bit expanded the presence of daedroths and such.
Other than that, it stands very close to the leveled lists from original mod.