[MOD] Filling Food

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Ralzar

[MOD] Filling Food

Post by Ralzar »

Filling Food

While using "Tedious Travel" and "Climates & Cloaks", you will often run out of Fatigue during your travels, forcing you to sleep to regenerate Fatigue, even if it is the middle of the day. With this mod you are able to stop at an inn to eat and gain a temporary low Fatigue regeneration that will let you travel further without burning through your fatigue as fast.

Download

Features

Fatigue Regeneration
When you eat/drink an item from the Tavern menu, you will gain a Fatigue regeneration effect. This will start out somewhat strong and then peter off over time. At 240 minutes it stops and you are able to eat at a Tavern again.
The effect is active while sleeping as well, so you can eat a meal before going to bed to regain Fatigue faster.

Toptext Information
When you eat/drink something that triggers the mods effect, you will get the message "The meal invigorates you."
When the effect ends and you are able to eat again, you get the message "Your stomach rumbles..."
Last edited by Ralzar on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Filling Food

Post by Ralzar »

Possible plans (if I figure out how to do it)

Differentiate Food items in tavern menu
So larger food items make you full for longer and drinks do not feed you, but perhaps make you drunk?

Hunger effect
So far the mod only buffs you if you've recently eaten. I could consider adding a debuff if it's been too long since you ate. But then I would need to make sure there is some way for players to always have access to food. This will need a major expansion of the mod.
Last edited by Ralzar on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Though I've never bothered to buy food/drink for myself in the game (I don't roleplay using a bathroom either), I like this idea. But I wonder: can you actually carry "food/drink" with you into the wilderness to consume as needed away from taverns?

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

So all the food you eat you get endurance back is that right ?
What about Mead ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

I did this for myself by editing the source, but I never made it into a mod. I'm going to use this for now.

L57

Post by L57 »

Yes. yes, YES!!! Thank you Ralzar!! Will try it soon. Now I only need Ironman update and I'm ready for my new ultimate Daggerfall experience :D :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Dubiousintent wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:53 am Though I've never bothered to buy food/drink for myself in the game (I don't roleplay using a bathroom either), I like this idea. But I wonder: can you actually carry "food/drink" with you into the wilderness to consume as needed away from taverns?
No.
Which is why this mod is such a small mod at the moment. We would need ingame food items that you could bring with you before there is any point in introducing a hunger effect.
Last edited by Ralzar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 am So all the food you eat you get endurance back is that right ?
What about Mead ?
Yup.
Whenever you buy something from the food/drink menu you get fatigue regen for a few ingame hours. Not a lot, but enough to make you able to travel further or rest up fatigue faster.
Next thing to look at here would be how to differentiate between diffrent items in the menu. But that's probably quite a bit more complicated than what the mod currently does.

L57

Post by L57 »

I really like how it works. No effect on fatigue always bothered me. Now you can actually take a short break in the tavern at noon without renting a room and sleeping.

Apparently small stamina regen simply eliminates its natural decline when you run, and slightly increases it if you stand still? This also allows to test how quickly different activities consume your stamina ;)
Next thing to look at here would be how to differentiate between diffrent items in the menu.
At least, your vanilla health regen still depends on the choice in the menu (the more expensive the food, the more it restores), so assortment of food looks reasonable even with this simple version mod. But, of course, it would be cool to develop this idea further. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 am At least, your vanilla health regen still depends on the choice in the menu (the more expensive the food, the more it restores)
Hm, I hadn't thought about that. That should make it possible to differentiate the fatigue regen based on the item you buy.