[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD]Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:21 am
The high sandals are named "Boots" in the inventory, so I suspect they might actually work the same as armored boots and not like sandals.
will take a look. Would it be possible to fix this?
Not sure. If it's just the name, I don't care. If it actually affects warmth I might try checking with the grownups if it's possible to fix its definition.

L57

Post by L57 »

Bad news: when I wear these sandals instead of my chain boots, I get 'you wipe the sweat from your brow' line indeed.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Dooooh!

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

So you're not supposed to live in your armor! This is somewhat making more sense. So travel in clothes, but switch into armor if you find yourself in combat while traveling. I'm starting to understand this a lot more now.

L57

Post by L57 »

New Nord char, just got out of Privateers Hold, in 7:40 with bare foots + open tunic + casual pants I get 'you swipe your sweat...', but if I replace open tunic with short shirt I get 'the cold air numbs your bare skin'. Is it ok? Quite abrupt change, why can't i get to normal? Bug?

Worked as expected with my another Nord character. He was wearing armor though, but I always managed to achieve a balanced normal state with him in Daggerfall region.

All settings in mod are default (all options ON)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:15 pm New Nord char, just got out of Privateers Hold, in 7:40 with bare foots + open tunic + casual pants I get 'you swipe your sweat...', but if I replace open tunic with short shirt I get 'the cold air numbs your bare skin'. Is it ok? Quite abrupt change, why can't i get to normal? Bug?

Worked as expected with my another Nord character. He was wearing armor though, but I always managed to achieve a balanced normal state with him in Daggerfall region.
Hm... that seems weird. For being too warm, I would assume it is caused by the nord being the most naturally warm character. Maybe I should adjust this down a bit again.

I think the problem with 'the cold air numbs your bare skin' might be that there is a version of the short shirt that is not part of the code the code for detecting if you are covered up or not. That penalty only hits if it's quite cold and you have bare laegs or chest. So it probably doesn't detect the short shirt version you are wearing.

Edit: Can you try "using" the shirt to see if you can wear it in different ways and if that changes if the effect happens or not?

You wouldn't happen to have a savegame you could upload?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Did a check and there are a few short shirt variants that are not included. These are the least covering variants and I assume I omitted them because they cover too little to be considered protection from the elements :D

However, if the ingame graphics does not fit this, I'll consider changing it.

Edit: Did you take some kind of weakness vs Frost with your Nord? Your natural Frost resistance chould protect you against frostbite unless it's REALLY cold. And then you shouldn't get the text about sweating.

L57

Post by L57 »

Can you try "using" the shirt to see if you can wear it in different ways and if that changes if the effect happens or not?
Nope, nothing.

Here is a save file (SAVE0):
Attachments
save1.zip
(249.57 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

L57

Post by L57 »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:50 pm Edit: Did you take some kind of weakness vs Frost with your Nord? Your natural Frost resistance chould protect you against frostbite unless it's REALLY cold. And then you shouldn't get the text about sweating.
It is default Warrior class, no pitfalls with this one. I just make it to explore DFU world and test some mods a bit, no serious roleplaying with this one.
Last edited by L57 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Great, I'll take a look at it later and see if I agree with my mod :D