Consequences for breaking the law — bounty hunting and reputation

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Silence

Re: Consequences for breaking the law — bounty hunting and reputation

Post by Silence »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:01 am Thanks, I don't have time to help out with this further though. There are several things I need to finish and put out so I'm not exactly looking for new things to do :)
No worries. The quest goes on! Let's see if someone volunteers.
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

There are some points I like to mention.
There are magic in TES universe so your bad deed could spread across the whole map very fast.
However, if your crime is not noteworthy enough the region where you commit the crime may not notify other regions. If you are a serial killer however they will most likely to notify other regions.
But all those regions may not get along, so allied regions will notify each other faster, regions at rival may not notify each other at all.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Killing bounty hunters would be a steady stream of easy loot outside dungeons. Ontop of the easy money you get from banks and rest interruptions. I think the game needs less create-your-own gold mechanics, not more of it.

pango

Post by pango »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:27 am Killing bounty hunters would be a steady stream of easy loot outside dungeons. Ontop of the easy money you get from banks and rest interruptions. I think the game needs less create-your-own gold mechanics, not more of it.
Doesn't look unsolvable. Make them level 35 guards with taz... paralysing effect that bypasses standard paralysing immunity, or whatever combinaison of features necessary to make them hard to kill to the point their loot is not worth fighting. Or just make them lootless,
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Silence

Post by Silence »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:27 am Killing bounty hunters would be a steady stream of easy loot outside dungeons. Ontop of the easy money you get from banks and rest interruptions. I think the game needs less create-your-own gold mechanics, not more of it.
I agree that the game provides too much loot... But let's face it - the game as it is revolves to a great degree around looting. There are too many opportunities for it, and there's so much loot around that the economy doesn't make any sense. Any character that can survive the initial dungeon can easily loot away into richness and high-level equipment through a myriad sources. While I would very much love to see an attempt to tackle this issue, this is not what we are trying to fix here, I think.

In any case, I'm really more interested in the reputation dynamics than the bounty hunters.
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth