Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Sandro

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Sandro »

Looking forward to it! The keep/castle events are some of the most fun I've had with this game.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Version4-2.png
Version4-2.png (931.55 KiB) Viewed 2814 times

This will be one of the biggest updates WA's has ever gotten. It will be a C#/Quest system hybrid.
This means that I can get as specific as I want with how random encounters/events are determined.
Some of these systems were intended for the next update for WaV3 but since the C# upgrade, they will
be held off for later while the entire system is once again built back up. So, what are some features to
expect with Warm Ashes Version 4?

Easy Installation/Uninstallation
Since the skeleton system will be through C# instead of the quest system, it will be as easy as ever
to enable/disable the mod. No more having to end forever running quests. This also means you can
enable/disable event types with the dfmod options on the mod menu.

Enhanced Event Selection
Before its always been based on player location only. Exterior dungeons, wilderness, cities, etc.
Now I can pinpoint a list of events to occur based on many factors:

-Region
-Dungeon Exterior
-Dungeon Type
-Building Type
etc

Basically what this means is that Regions can have exclusive events happen. Chance
rates will change according to the lore/politics of those regions. Dungeons can now have
encounters based completely on the dungeon type its based on. Prisons will be prisons
and Orc Strongholds will be Strongholds.

Holiday Events

Pretty simple to understand. Holidays will now have events associated with them. It's not
just flavor text anymore. If you are told certain things can happen on that holiday then
expect a possibility of seeing that.

Interior Events

These are events that can happen inside of dungeons and buildings. I'd like these to be a little
on the rare side but previous WA versions had a bit of this going on. Bank robberies from WaV3for an example
can be seen as how these events will be. Specific events tied to the type of building/dungeons you are in.

Werewolf/Vampire Detection

No more of the easy life for these monsters. If the player is in were forum or is a
vampire they will be treated as such in encounters and in public. Think twice before
you think about transforming in front of the public.

Bounty System

Pretty self explanatory. Bad players will be treated just like how criminals should
be treated. Hunted down with prices on their heads. Be sure to keep your head down.

Pirating Events

Life of a pirate is a grand one. The basic system for this was made already with the last version
but can now be fully explored with this new system. Buy a ship, get a crew, and pillage the land.
Also expect events on the ship.
Last edited by Kamer on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Lots of good stuff here. Apart from the improvements to the mod itself, the ease of managing the mod will be a very welcome addition that will spare both you and users a lot of time wasted on troubleshooting.

Kamer wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm Werewolf/Vampire Detection

No more of the easy life for these monsters. If the player is in were forum or is a
vampire they will be treated as such in encounters and in public. Think twice before
you think about transforming in front of the public.
Yessss. I'm all about nerfing the benefits of vamp/wolf. My newest C&C update included increased sunlight damage in deserts and the ability to shield yourself with a cloak. I've been thinking about ways to really get lycantrophy under control. Ironman System introduced a really simple nerf that made the attribute buffs only apply in beastform.
This will really give vamp/wolfs some more flavour and a nerf :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This stuff looks amazing. WA is already a huge hit, now I expect it to be enormous :D

Baler

Post by Baler »

I've been hoping for an update to warm ashes, however...

This blew me away,
fantastic work! :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Reading up more on Vampire bloodlines, I'm really interested it making events between them and depending on your relationship with them. I'll see more about that in the future. With each bloodline having a allies/enemies makes for some interesting possible encounters or events. Like maybe players being sent to attack the rival bloodlines for control over territories.

Mohl

Post by Mohl »

I made an account on the forums to thank you for this mod, as well as to give an issue I found with sieges.

If you're a lycanthrope and you're in beast form when you complete a siege, you won't be able to claim the reward for it, as it'll fail to open your inventory due to beast form.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Mohl wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:38 am I made an account on the forums to thank you for this mod, as well as to give an issue I found with sieges.

If you're a lycanthrope and you're in beast form when you complete a siege, you won't be able to claim the reward for it, as it'll fail to open your inventory due to beast form.
I believe it just automatically puts the reward money in a treasure pile on the ground near you so you can pick it up when out of beast form.

Mohl

Post by Mohl »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:38 am
Mohl wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:38 am I made an account on the forums to thank you for this mod, as well as to give an issue I found with sieges.

I believe it just automatically puts the reward money in a treasure pile on the ground near you so you can pick it up when out of beast form.
I couldn't find one, but I guess I'll look for one next time I find myself doing a siege.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Mohl wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 am
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:38 am

I couldn't find one, but I guess I'll look for one next time I find myself doing a siege.
It doesn't let you know but the game will drop rewards you can't take on the ground. This also will not be an issue in the future...hopefully.