[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Seferoth »

meritamas wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:56 am Happy New Year, everyone! :)
Regarding food and drinks, there are some interesting ideas in this thread.
Thanks for the link.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Has weapon mass ever been considered in the weapon swing velocity? For instance; the possibility of a Daedric weapon swinging slower than an Ebony one because of the latter's lower mass. I wouldn't imagine it'd be a primary factor in swing velocity, but maybe a reason to steer from replacing everything with Daedric or Orchish material for efficiency.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, its a long thread.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've suggested that elsewhere, and the feedback I got is that Daedric would become permanently inferior to Ebony due to its high weight. The damage per second would never match.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, it's the same as when I started looking into armor thivkness etc for Climates & Cloaks. Material modifiers are just terrible for aything other than the flavour of some items being a bit more encumbering.

It would be great to get access to mod material Weight, HitPoints, Cost and drop chance, to make stuff a bit more reasonable and interesting.

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut, thank you very much for this mod, I really enjoy it! But could you provide detailed information about weapon speed limits and what exactly does formula look like? It's still not really clear as described in OP.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

L57 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm Hazelnut, thank you very much for this mod, I really enjoy it! But could you provide detailed information about weapon speed limits and what exactly does formula look like? It's still not really clear as described in OP.
You're welcome, glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

I'll try to clarify the speed stuff at some point, but without simply writing the formula down I found it kinda hard to describe. Probably the easiest way to clarify would be some examples of maximum swings per second for each category. Is that what you're after?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 pm
L57 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm Hazelnut, thank you very much for this mod, I really enjoy it! But could you provide detailed information about weapon speed limits and what exactly does formula look like? It's still not really clear as described in OP.
You're welcome, glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

I'll try to clarify the speed stuff at some point, but without simply writing the formula down I found it kinda hard to describe. Probably the easiest way to clarify would be some examples of maximum swings per second for each category. Is that what you're after?
That would be helpful too! However, my main confusion is about how Strength and Speed attributes affect this.

Stated the following:
strength will now count towards attack speed: 20% for 1 Handed and 50% for 2 Handed
Does it mean that you actually have to be stronger to handle 1-handed as effective as 2-handed? If I understand correctly, that means that 2-handed will be faster all else equal (because 0,5 STR insead of 0,2 STR counts), but in the end 2-handed will reach a slightly lower speed cap (i mean maximum speed) than 1-hand? And 2-handed also will reach faster its maximum than 1-handed.

It diverges from the typical fantasy sapproach that 2H hit harder but slower and vice versa, so I wonder if it is intentional or not.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:09 pm
strength will now count towards attack speed: 20% for 1 Handed and 50% for 2 Handed
Does it mean that you actually have to be stronger to handle 1-handed as effective as 2-handed? If I understand correctly, that means that 2-handed will be faster all else equal (because 0,5 STR insead of 0,2 STR counts), but in the end 2-handed will reach a slightly lower speed cap (i mean maximum speed) than 1-hand? And 2-handed also will reach faster its maximum than 1-handed.

It diverges from the typical fantasy sapproach that 2H hit harder but slower and vice versa, so I wonder if it is intentional or not.
WHat it means is that the number used for speed is a combination of speed and strength stats with the ratio as I have specified. So for 1H weapons your speed stat contributes 80% and strength 20%, whereas for 2H weapons it's 50/50.

For example a char with 40 strength and 80 speed using a 2H weapon would have an effective weapon speed value of 60 using this module rather than 80. For a 1H weapon it would be 8+64 = 72. Seemed that just being fast doesn't mean you could swing a massive hammer around fast if strength was weak so I mixed in strength.

Does that make sense now? It's ratios, as indicated by me using percentage figures.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 am
WHat it means is that the number used for speed is a combination of speed and strength stats with the ratio as I have specified. So for 1H weapons your speed stat contributes 80% and strength 20%, whereas for 2H weapons it's 50/50.

For example a char with 40 strength and 80 speed using a 2H weapon would have an effective weapon speed value of 60 using this module rather than 80. For a 1H weapon it would be 8+64 = 72. Seemed that just being fast doesn't mean you could swing a massive hammer around fast if strength was weak so I mixed in strength.

Does that make sense now? It's ratios, as indicated by me using percentage figures.
Yes, thank you! At first I misunderstood the meaning of what was said in description, and thought that it's 20/50 for 1H and 50/50 for 2H. That is, I thought it means 20% of Strength attribute, but not 20% of overall effect on swinging speed. Sometimes I get confused in English, feeling like an idiot now :lol:

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

Are you supposed to be able to sleep in the beds inside dungeons or only the ones inside inns? The ones in inns I can sleep in but not the ones in dungeons.
(Not that it changes anything gameplay-wise, you can just rest next to the bed.)