[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD]Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

Does this guys bug report match up with your experience Helegad?

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... 9?tab=bugs

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 pm Yeah, that’s alot of mods...

I’m seeing a bunch I’ve never even heard of before.

Edit: Maybe the improved healt bars mod?
Or the autosave?
Naw, improved health bars are just a couple of textures and the autosave works exactly the same as if someone was pressing F9 for me every ten minutes.
Ralzar wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:54 pm Does this guys bug report match up with your experience Helegad?

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... 9?tab=bugs
That sounds like the same issue, yes, except this is for being "completely drenched" as opposed to heat effects. I added a link to a video describing the issue perfectly a few posts back.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I’ll have to watch the video when I get back home, but it seems like the problem is caused by the game remembering negative counters it whould not remember.
Since a restart of the game apparently fixes it, it might be something with how DFU handles save files.

Edit: Reading the thread on autosaving, it seems to do a bit more than just pressing F9. I’m suspecting this is the culprit, but its github is just a zip-file so I can’t check the mods code atm.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2151&hilit=autosave

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 am I’ll have to watch the video when I get back home, but it seems like the problem is caused by the game remembering negative counters it whould not remember.
Since a restart of the game apparently fixes it, it might be something with how DFU handles save files.

Edit: Reading the thread on autosaving, it seems to do a bit more than just pressing F9. I’m suspecting this is the culprit, but its github is just a zip-file so I can’t check the mods code atm.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2151&hilit=autosave
Interesting. Let me know how you go. I'll keep water effects disabled for now since I haven't encountered this issue with them switched off so far.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

I'm still looking at this behavior. After implementing save functions I thought I fixed it, but it might be that I actually messed it up more? Or if this was the first time I actually saw the bug myself?
Anyway, I'm going to load up some older versions of the mod to identify if this is something I've caused in recent updates to the mod. I am starting to suspect it might actually be a problem with DFU itelf that simply gets a lot more obvious with my mod.

From testing, what seems to be heppening is that if you load back and forth between several saves, something bugs out after 3-4 loads and the game cycles through a huge amount of magic rounds (which is what my mod uses) before it has actually finished loading the savegame completely.

In other news: I just added and lightly tested clothing and armor damage. The idea being that the more extreme the weather is, the higher the chance of one clothing item recieving a tick of damage. Over time, this will start to wear down your clothing. If wearing cloaks, the odds are skewed in favour of the cloak taking the brunt of the damage.

When wet, armor might start to rust.

I also started looking into being able to click campfires etc to initiate rest, but ran into some limitations, so I'll have to see what happens there.

L57

Post by L57 »

By the way, C&C works very good with my new Breton char, haven't noticed any issues (besides that high sandals problem). It's sometimes cold enough to shiver, but so far i have been avoiding any long-term attribute and fatigue damage. It's winter and I'm still roaming Daggerfall region though, don't know what to expect in mountains. Hope PC will not die there :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

L57 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:58 am By the way, C&C works very good with my new Breton char, haven't noticed any issues (besides that high sandals problem). It's sometimes cold enough to shiver, but so far i have been avoiding any long-term attribute and fatigue damage. It's winter and I'm still roaming Daggerfall region though, don't know what to expect in mountains. Hope PC will not die there :)
Great to hear! :D
I think I actually figured out a fix for the high sandals, but got confused by the bug I ran into and removed the fix. I'll take a look at it again when I get to the bottom of what's going on with the save/load stuff.

L57

Post by L57 »

I'd suggest you to preserve (some of) older versions of mods in Nexus, how many others do. Then you'll get much wider feedback regarding compatibility, and people would be able to experiment with different versions themselves if they discover any troubles.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, true. I might do that in the future. I just avoided it after having experienced confusion myself with regards to which file to download of some other mods.

L57

Post by L57 »

I noticed my PC is able to wear two casual cloaks simultaneously. Does it mean that both of them will add warmth?

Not sure if it's intended to be so, I wonder if it's how classic worked (I mean wearing two casual cloacks). A bug?