Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.16

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:06 pm Edit: "You lose your grip!" When it fails perhaps?
I was about to suggest this exact line a few months ago, then totally forgot about it. I keep thinking that I'm falling because I depressed the key too far or something.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

This thread has gone a bit off-topic. However, I would suggest adding these things to a mod I proposed. I would like to add the ability to receive textual feedback when things happen that are not visually or by other means obvious. Lots of switches to control what events get feedback and how much.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

A suggestion (since I don't think it needs it's own thread, and this update added bashing closed doors)

I think doors that are bashed open/closed should swing open/closed faster than if you are opening/closing them normally. It seems weird that when you break the lock with your weapon the door just opens slowly.

Maybe you could even have them bounce back a little, if it's possible to alter the animations and create seperate ones for bashing and opening doors.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's the same as classic, so if someone decided to do that I presume it'd be a mod. (Less overhead that way ;) )

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

Alpha 0.10.18?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Would like to know ETA for 0.10.18 as well.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

I just pulled it down from "Live Builds". Looks like Interkarma hasn't had time to post the announcement yet.

pango

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.18

Post by pango »

I don't know how much time will Interkarma have to write proper release notes, so here's my cheap version;
Daggerfall Unity 0.10.18 is mainly a bugfixes release:
  • the most important set of fixes concern static doors, to fix unanticipated issues with modded doors, as revealed by DREAM 2020R1; Shapes of colliders has been adjusted to handle all known difficult cases, and have been made "physical" to fix some cases and at the same time fix a long standing bug of enemies attacking from behind cemetery dungeon entrances [Tweet] (Interkarma, pango)
  • that release is not just bugfixes though. The main new feature is improved keyboard support of most game screens; You should now be able to answer Yes/No questions with Y and N keys, switch transport mode with keyboard alone (say T to open transport menu as usual, the H to switch to horse), or simply start the game by pressing P in the launcher... Menus, inventory screen, character screen, etc. all have shortcuts to speed up common operations, the full list is in an external configuration file: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... rtcuts.txt. Feel free to comment (pango)
  • the other feature is added missing UI sounds to better match classic experience (D0t0r3d)
Other bugfixes:
  • Year-end quest fixes (JayH)
  • Fix climbing regressions in 0.10.17 (Hazelnut)
  • Don't suppress world when inside a building (Ferital)
  • Fix quicksave overwriting SAVE0 if standard save menu has not been used since game startup (pango)
  • Add emissive texture to more billboards (pango)
  • Lower Fire daedra brightness (pango)
  • Fix location search engine when searching for a very common string (pango)
  • Fix sound when hitting static geometry with fists or feet (pango)
Next releases should happen weekly again to drain bugfixes and features awaiting in GitHub (18 at the time of writing)...
Last edited by pango on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

I'll add the keyboard shortcuts to the non-obvious things guide.

OMightyBuggy

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.18

Post by OMightyBuggy »

pango wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 pm I don't know how much time will Interkarma have to write proper release notes, so here's my cheap version;
Daggerfall Unity 0.10.18 is mainly a bugfixes release:
  • the most important set of fixes concern static doors, to fix unanticipated issues with modded doors, as revealed by DREAM 2020R1; Shapes of colliders has been adjusted to handle all known difficult cases, and have been made "physical" to fix some cases and at the same fix a long standing bug of enemies attacking from behind cemetery dungeon entrances [Tweet] (Interkarma, pango)
  • that release is not just bugfixes though. The main new feature is improved keyboard support of most game screens; You should now be able to answer Yes/No questions with Y and N keys, switch transport mode with keyboard alone (say T to open transport menu as usual, the H to switch to horse), or simply start the game by pressing P in the launcher... Menus, inventory screen, character screen, etc. all have shortcuts to speed up common operations, the full list is in an external configuration file: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... rtcuts.txt. Feel free to comment (pango)
  • the other feature is added missing UI sounds to better match classic experience (D0t0r3d)
Other bugfixes:
  • Year-end quest fixes (JayH)
  • Fix climbing regressions in 0.10.17 (Hazelnut)
  • Don't suppress world when inside a building (Ferital)
  • Fix quicksave overwriting SAVE0 if standard save menu has not been used since game startup (pango)
  • Add emissive texture to more billboards (pango)
  • Lower Fire daedra brightness (pango)
  • Fix location search engine when searching for a very common string (pango)
  • Fix sound when hitting static geometry with fists or feet (pango)
Next releases should happen weekly again to drain bugfixes and features awaiting in GitHub (18 at the time of writing)...
Thanks. :)