Non-Obivious things in DFU (beginner's guide)

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
L57

Re: Non-Obivious things in DFU (beginner's guide)

Post by L57 »

pango wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm
L57 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 pm How do I remove an arrow from a loaded bow without shooting with 'draw and release' option on?
The way I do it (I'm not sure it's intentional behavior, but it works), is to press the other mouse button, then release of main one first.
I just noticed that I can remove an arrow if I press the 'activate' button.

dani26795

Post by dani26795 »

hannafamilycomputer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:24 pm - F10 - Quickload
For me quickload is activated with F12, not F10. I dont think I could modify this on the controls settings, so maybe it was F10 on an older version? Either way it should be updated

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Suspect it is a memory glitch. It is F12 in the "<Persistent Data Path>\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity\" default "KeyBinds.txt"." file. You can change it there.

dani26795

Post by dani26795 »

I got another one. After zooming in a region with right click, hold Shift to move around the zoomed map instead of having to click back and in again.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

I've created a "sandbox draft" of the "Daggerfall:Unity Default Shortcut Keys" from the list recently published with 0.10.18. As it's verbatim (minus only the comment lines) I'm giving it a couple of days for corrections or comments before proposing to make it "productional" on UESP . (It's long enough it needs its own page.)

Edit: Now published as "Tes2Mod:Daggerfall Unity Default Shortcut Keys".

At the same time, I'm basically set with the "sandbox draft" of the wiki version of this "Getting Started Playing 'Daggerfall Unity'" thread, other than looking up some citation references. As it's been up for a number of weeks and there have been no comments, I'm proposing to make it "productional" as well when those references are finished.

You have been warned. Speak now or forever hold your (wait! ... that's from wedding ceremonies. Inappropriate here.) :lol:

Edit: Now published as "Tes2Mod:Daggerfall Unity/Getting Started".
Last edited by Dubiousintent on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

pango wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm
L57 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 pm How do I remove an arrow from a loaded bow without shooting with 'draw and release' option on?
The way I do it (I'm not sure it's intentional behavior, but it works), is to press the other mouse button, then release of main one first.
Yes it's very intentional. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Man, when I started reading this I figured I would know most of these things already, but now I realize how little I know about the ins and outs of this game, great list as others have said.
hannafamilycomputer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:24 pm - You can pay back bank loans in any amount, it'll subtract the amount you paid from the amount due. (Though backs in daggerfall are scams. Don't deposit 1,000+ gold, or you'll lose a lot of money)
On this point though, I know the bank takes I think 1% of the amount you take out as a letter of credit, is that what you mean by the bank scam? Or am I missing something with what you were saying?

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

Yes. That's exactly what I mean. I'll make it more clear.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

I didn't know about the option to adjust ambient light both outside, and in dungeons. I'll be tweaking that a bit so I have an excuse to use a light source.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:41 am I didn't know about the option to adjust ambient light both outside, and in dungeons. I'll be tweaking that a bit so I have an excuse to use a light source.
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.