[Mod]: Inventory Filter

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Asesino

Re: [Mod]: Inventory Filter

Post by Asesino »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:52 am Another great mod. Thank you. :)
Thank you Seferoth,
Please let me know if there is anything you would like added or changed to make it easier to use.

thanks
a

pango

Post by pango »

The name of the download files?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot for doing it :) Im not at my PC but when I get there, I will check it. But Im sure it will be good ,)

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

pango wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm The name of the download files?
Hi @pango, I upLoaded them with unique names, and assumed that they would retain the file name? I will download them when I get back to my PC.

Thanks for the heads up.
A

pango

Post by pango »

I'm not sure what's going on then, but download filename is still or again "<platform> Version ..."
Inventory Filter.jpg
Inventory Filter.jpg (23.88 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

pango wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:49 pm I'm not sure what's going on then, but download filename is still or again "<platform> Version ..."

Inventory Filter.jpg
Hi @Pango. I just downloaded; my file name was overwritten by the title used to describe the file. I reuploaded and ensured that the description title has the mod name; it seems to be working now.

Thanks
a

pango

Post by pango »

Confirmed, it works for me too, thanks!
-- Charles Goodhart

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

pango wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 pm Confirmed, it works for me too, thanks!
Glad to hear it, thanks @pango
And thanks again for all the great help building out this mod!
a

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

This has been a mod of great benefit.

With the release of Alpha 0.10.18's default shortcut keys for various screens and menus, I noticed a small issue with the current version of "Inventory Filter" that didn't matter before: you aren't moving/closing the edit cursor from the filter entry field when the mouse clicks away from that field. This results in the sequence:
1. enter a filter string,
2. select an item from the inventory,
3. use the "L" shortcut key to "sell" the selected item ...
and the "L" appears in the filter field.
4. The logical followup to this sequence is using the "Y" key to accept the offered purchase price, and this character does not appear in the filter field.
5. However, you now have to go back to the filter field and remove the unwanted "L" as it has created an invalid filter and nothing can now be selected from inventory until it is repaired.

It's not a big issue, but cleaning that up would speed up an already improved process.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Dubiousintent wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:11 am This has been a mod of great benefit.

With the release of Alpha 0.10.18's default shortcut keys for various screens and menus, I noticed a small issue with the current version of "Inventory Filter" that didn't matter before: you aren't moving/closing the edit cursor from the filter entry field when the mouse clicks away from that field. This results in the sequence:
1. enter a filter string,
2. select an item from the inventory,
3. use the "L" shortcut key to "sell" the selected item ...
and the "L" appears in the filter field.
4. The logical followup to this sequence is using the "Y" key to accept the offered purchase price, and this character does not appear in the filter field.
5. However, you now have to go back to the filter field and remove the unwanted "L" as it has created an invalid filter and nothing can now be selected from inventory until it is repaired.

It's not a big issue, but cleaning that up would speed up an already improved process.
Hi @Dubiousintent,

I uploaded a new version. I wasn't able to remove focus on click (but I'll keep investigating). Instead, I remove focus when you hit the enter or return key. Hopefully, this makes it easier to work with the shortcut keys.

thanks
A