Always a New Dungeon

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Always a New Dungeon

Post by Jay_H »

Suggestion: when a quest, map, or other event reveals a dungeon to you, it's guaranteed or heavily weighted toward being a new one. This would increase the ability to find witch covens in ordinary playthroughs and ensure more variety of dungeons when starting in a region.

alphaTECH

Re: Always a New Dungeon

Post by alphaTECH »

+1 for this. There really is no reason I should be revisiting the same one-shot places with the ridiculous number that's available.

Baler

Post by Baler »

I like this idea, I'd also like to see greater randomization in where quest npc/item/etc are placed inside dungeons.
When i'm grinding guild quests I can usually speedrun a completed dungeon to get right to where the quest npc/item usually is. :|

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:47 pm Suggestion: when a quest, map, or other event reveals a dungeon to you, it's guaranteed or heavily weighted toward being a new one. This would increase the ability to find witch covens in ordinary playthroughs and ensure more variety of dungeons when starting in a region.
What makes you think that maps reveal already known places? That is not how they should be working, so it's a bug with my code if they are.

Interkarma would have to speak to quest place revealing algorithm. I assume it matches classic.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

TheYellowDart

Post by TheYellowDart »

I definitely agree with this. Is it quest related? I wonder if the issue is that certain quests specify a certain type of dungeon if possible, e.g. the Atronach Hunting quest for the MG might prefer to send you to a laboratory, causing repetitive dungeon selection if the province only has one or two of that type of dungeon.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:58 pm What makes you think that maps reveal already known places? That is not how they should be working, so it's a bug with my code if they are.
Assumption, nothing more. I was sure that's the way it worked in classic and assumed DFU would be the same. I could be entirely wrong on every account.