[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by mikeprichard »

Nice - thank you! Can't wait to try this out; been waiting for a mod like this since 1996. :lol:

Baler

Post by Baler »

How much does the Faster and Much Faster leveling speed affect gaining levels?
Not a complaint but I'm level 10 set to Faster with only a couple hours gameplay.
I'm no longer gaining levels everytime I rest but for a second I thought something was broken.

one question, the faster leveling speed only affects the exp needed to level? And skills won't gain faster correct?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Correct. And honestly, it’s a little experimental. It changes the formula for skill sum needed to level. But it’s pretty much untested.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Feedback about Faster Leveling
You can set it to "Faster", make a new character and go to the closest tavern. Rest for 7 hours and gain a level every time without doing anything.
:?
Also when making a custom character that has a high (bad) skill gain modifier like 3.0x you level up far faster than skills gain But.. that's likely relative to the initial feedback point.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Baler wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:16 am Feedback about Faster Leveling
You can set it to "Faster", make a new character and go to the closest tavern. Rest for 7 hours and gain a level every time without doing anything.
:?
Also when making a custom character that has a high (bad) skill gain modifier like 3.0x you level up far faster than skills gain But.. that's likely relative to the initial feedback point.
Same rate happens when setting the mod's Leveling speed to it's slowest setting too from my playthroughs.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I’ll see if there is some way to fix this. But it might simply be that the levelup mechanic has too many moving parts and I’ll have to scrap it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Gah, I re-read this thread and just realized I completely forgot about implementing median HP function.
Too many mods going on :D

I'll take a look at this later today.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Took a bit longer than expected. It's hard to confirm that the math actually works correctly. Particualarly when I combine it with the retroactive endurance option. I'm getting some slightly odd HP numbers, but that might be caused by the character I'm testing with.
I'll have to make a more controlled test case to make sure this all works correctly.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.2.0 out

Option for median HP added.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Just wanted to post this idea I had that would work perfectly with what this mod does. This was probably suggested already to some extent, but maybe this would also expand on it a bit.

Allow a setting that allows a reduction or increase of the starting attribute stats for a new character. So instead of having 50 points across the board (or 450 points + rolls in total), have the option to increase or decrease this pool by like 90 point intervals, which would add or subtract 10 from all attributes. Tiers of like "Average", "Superhuman", "Pathetic" stuff like that.

Now, some would say that you could do that if you wanted to in vanilla, you actually can't. You NEED to have the attribute counter zeroed out before you can continue on in character creation, so you need to start with at least 450 points for any character.

The other thing with this, would be the option to allow a "weaker" starting character to get more attribute points per level (on a gradually reducing curve) so they could eventually catch up to a normal character eventually in terms of stats. The reverse could be done with stronger starting characters who would get less stats per level or something.

This would be more of a challenge/RP sort of option, where if you wanted to make a super weak character that you would build up, you could do that, or if you wanted to start with a demi-god from the start, you could do that. Just an idea to throw onto the pile.