[Mod]: Telescope

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Asesino

[Mod]: Telescope

Post by Asesino »

Hi all, I just uploaded a new mod. It is a working telescope that can be purchased from good quality alchemy shops such as "The Emperor's Potions" in Daggerfall.
telescope 7.png
telescope 7.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4284 times
The mod is located at https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/72/

Thanks all
a

haloterm

Re: [Mod]: Telescope

Post by haloterm »

This is in instant download for me -- just the other day I was wishing I had such a tool!! Great for my on-foot hikes through the Bay!! Thanks for creating!

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

haloterm wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 pm This is in instant download for me -- just the other day I was wishing I had such a tool!! Great for my on-foot hikes through the Bay!! Thanks for creating!
Thanks Haloterm, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any issues with it, or suggestions for it.

thanks
a

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Asesino wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm
haloterm wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 pm This is in instant download for me -- just the other day I was wishing I had such a tool!! Great for my on-foot hikes through the Bay!! Thanks for creating!
Thanks Haloterm, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any issues with it, or suggestions for it.
Works fine, simple to use, no unwanted side effects, as I can say. (Only thing I noticed: I use the Enhanced Sky mod, but when I want to zoom in to the sun, the sun's size stays the same. But that's really not important, so ignore this one.)

theJF

Post by theJF »

Can the telescope be fitted to my longbow to make an awesome sniper rifle?!?

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

Awesome mod!

Totally ridiculous thoughts for Version 2:
  • Spherical distortions (Unity post-processing can do this in current Unity, but unsure about the particular version DFU currently uses)
  • Chromatic aberration that gets worse the more you zoom in (likewise)
  • Scratches, dirt, and/or "fog" gunk on the lens (Thinking of static effects here. If the outer black border is an overlay, then there could be some gunk over the image portion. If the outer black border is a large value, high intensity, sharp-edged vignette, then not so much...)
  • Weather effects? raindrops, snowflakes appearing (very blurrily, 'coz definitely not in focus) then melting? Or just sparkles from ice crystals around the edge? (Would require dynamic overlay...)
Just, y'know, if you find yourself bored and out of ideas ;)

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

This is pretty cool, now we need real-time ships and we can get our pirate on, arrrr.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

pango

Post by pango »

Small issue, on NexusMods the name of the download is overridden by the title, so the Linux version of the mod is named "Linux Version", etc.
Same issue the Inventory Filter had in the beginning: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3224&start=10#p38374
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

theJF wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm Can the telescope be fitted to my longbow to make an awesome sniper rifle?!?
Hi theJF, that would be a different mod. I was considering a perk mod like Oblivion's perks. For archery, you get zoom on skill 50. If I do get around to working on that, this would be my first perk :)
DigitalMonk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:44 pm Awesome mod!

Totally ridiculous thoughts for Version 2:
  • Spherical distortions (Unity post-processing can do this in current Unity, but unsure about the particular version DFU currently uses)
  • Chromatic aberration that gets worse the more you zoom in (likewise)
  • Scratches, dirt, and/or "fog" gunk on the lens (Thinking of static effects here. If the outer black border is an overlay, then there could be some gunk over the image portion. If the outer black border is a large value, high intensity, sharp-edged vignette, then not so much...)
  • Weather effects? raindrops, snowflakes appearing (very blurrily, 'coz definitely not in focus) then melting? Or just sparkles from ice crystals around the edge? (Would require dynamic overlay...)
Just, y'know, if you find yourself bored and out of ideas ;)
All totally cool ideas. I don't know if I can figure out how to implement them, but if I can, I definitely will :)
BadLuckBurt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:03 pm This is pretty cool, now we need real-time ships and we can get our pirate on, arrrr.
Airships is the closest we can get to that for now :)
pango wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm Small issue, on NexusMods the name of the download is overridden by the title, so the Linux version of the mod is named "Linux Version", etc.
Same issue the Inventory Filter had in the beginning: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3224&start=10#p38374
Thanks Pango. I keep forgetting that Nexus doesn't use the zip file name that I upload. I just corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out :)

thanks
a

L57

Post by L57 »

Really great idea. Thank you a lot.