Location Editor (WIP)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Location Editor (WIP)

Post by King of Worms »

Baler - or anyone- how you managed to open a location in the editor please?

I managed to make the Location Editor work after updating the DFU master. I pinned the window to the Unity inspector, but I have no idea where to direct it after I press "open"

Thank you!

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:11 pm Baler - or anyone- how you managed to open a location in the editor please?

I managed to make the Location Editor work after updating the DFU master. I pinned the window to the Unity inspector, but I have no idea where to direct it after I press "open"

Thank you!
Before you can begin editing a location, you need to first export it from the game. Start the game (either from the editor or the standalone exe), go to an interior location that you wish to edit. These include taverns, guilds, shops and homes (dungeons and castles are currently not supported). Open up the console and type "dumpbuilding". If done correctly the console will display the path and the name of the exported file, ending with .json. Go to this folder, and move that file to any place that you find convenient and open it using the editor. Hopes that helps. 8-)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lovely, very helpful!!!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

You may want to give the world data system thread a read, at least the parts about buildings as that's what this editor is for - it's a graphical editor for the building world data override json files. I did the Archaeologists guild hall by hand, but was very glad to have this editor on hand for the FG master quest I did! :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hey its working, got the changes in the game :) Very nice!

Ive just noticed that the 3d columns which I resized to be double the size appeared in the original size in the game afterwards. I guess that means no resizing of 3d objects?

I cant find the "world data system" thread using the search :X

But this will be fun, after I get more used to Unity object placing.

Last thing, I saw the ingame editor at work previously, where you added objects while in the actual game, that is some different unreleased system I guess?

Thank you!

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:24 pm Hey its working, got the changes in the game :) Very nice!

Ive just noticed that the 3d columns which I resized to be double the size appeared in the original size in the game afterwards. I guess that means no resizing of 3d objects?

I cant find the "world data system" thread using the search :X

But this will be fun, after I get more used to Unity object placing.

Last thing, I saw the ingame editor at work previously, where you added objects while in the actual game, that is some different unreleased system I guess?

Thank you!
Scaling is not supported yet. But I did make a pull request for that feature just 2 days ago. https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... pull/1705 When that is approved and merged in I will update the editor as well. :D

I haven't worked on any ingame editor. Kaedius was working on something like that with his airship mod. Maybe you are thinking about that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVLrs7B0Ouk

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:24 pm I cant find the "world data system" thread using the search :X
Its the top pinned thread in Modder Discussion, so it's not hidden away or anything... I assumed you would have seen it before being one of DFUs popular modders. :P

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2857
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

communityus

Post by communityus »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:19 pm
King of Worms wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:24 pm I cant find the "world data system" thread using the search :X
Its the top pinned thread in Modder Discussion, so it's not hidden away or anything... I assumed you would have seen it before being one of DFUs popular modders. :P

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2857
It is true - search blocks the query.

Code: Select all

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: data world system.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Got it, no scaling yet. And yes, thats exactly what I have mistaken it with, quite impressive video from Kaedius :) Anyway, thanks for support UV!

Yup Hazelnut, I avoid all manuals and explanations as much as possible - I prefer to learn on my own, eventho it takes longer, I return to manuals only when times turn really sour :D

Yes that exact msg in the search window popped up to me as well

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

• Updated the editor to allow you to scale 3D objects.