Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
alphaTECH

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by alphaTECH »

blinkz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 am Do you still gain XP like in vanilla when you fast travel?
What do you mean by XP? If you mean skill increases being applied upon arrival at your destination, then no.

blinkz

Post by blinkz »

Helegad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:18 am
blinkz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 am Do you still gain XP like in vanilla when you fast travel?
What do you mean by XP? If you mean skill increases being applied upon arrival at your destination, then no.
Yes. And if so then I'm missing out on a lot of levels using this mod then. Oh well

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Well, no, that's not true at all. If you're also using Warm Ashes, all the fights you get into on the way are going to add to your skill increments. You don't "gain" any skill increases by fast traveling anyway, it's just the equivalent of loitering or resting which will trigger the increase.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

blinkz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:17 am Yes. And if so then I'm missing out on a lot of levels using this mod then. Oh well
It's just when the game checks to see if your skill increases should trigger a level up. Happens when you sleep undisturbed too, so if you're sleeping regularly then just may be a bit longer before the level up is triggered.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

blinkz

Post by blinkz »

Helegad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:49 am Well, no, that's not true at all. If you're also using Warm Ashes, all the fights you get into on the way are going to add to your skill increments. You don't "gain" any skill increases by fast traveling anyway, it's just the equivalent of loitering or resting which will trigger the increase.
Oh so the encounters in warm ashes can happen with this mod? Oh wow that's actually awesome

blinkz

Post by blinkz »

Helegad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:49 am Well, no, that's not true at all. If you're also using Warm Ashes, all the fights you get into on the way are going to add to your skill increments. You don't "gain" any skill increases by fast traveling anyway, it's just the equivalent of loitering or resting which will trigger the increase.
Ah I see. I did not know that was how skill increases work. Thanks! Then I can't wait to try this mod :)

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

blinkz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm
Oh so the encounters in warm ashes can happen with this mod? Oh wow that's actually awesome
I'm pretty sure Warm Ashes was made with the expectation that the player uses Tedious Travel in tandem.
Last edited by alphaTECH on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

This mod triggers a NullReferenceException when you exit and resume fast travel a bunch of times in quick succession, InterruptFastTravel gets fired two times and the second time the playerAutopilot has already been set to NULL so the playerAutopilot.MouseLookAtDestination() call fails the second time.

The piece of log below is from 0.10.19 with only the Tedious Travel 0.4.2 mod running, nothing else.

Code: Select all

top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallMessageBox

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

top window: TediousTravel.TediousTravelControllMenu

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)

Unloading 335 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10046.
Total: 51.888326 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.406155 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.227984 ms MarkObjects: 49.850620 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.403264 ms)

fast travel interrupted

top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallHUD

fast travel interrupted

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TediousTravel.TediousTravel.InterruptFastTravel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TediousTravel.TediousTravel.<Start>m__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.RaiseOnCloseHandler () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.CloseWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.ProcessMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Iskandry

Post by Iskandry »

TheLacus wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 pm I added a mod message to Real Grass (version 2.7 on Nexus) to allow it to be toggled by other mods; this is something i have been requested for improved compatibility with Tedious Travel.
The following call removes grass from all terrains and avoid setup of new terrains found when travelling:

ModManager.Instance.SendModMessage("Real Grass", "toggle", false);
And of course this one re-enables it, starting from terrain where player is standing on. Unfortunately this is an heavy operation, so it can take a few frames to get a smooth framerate again right after is invoked:

ModManager.Instance.SendModMessage("Real Grass", "toggle", true);
Can you please explain a bit how to do that? I have no real knowledge of modding and programming, but i still want to play the game with Tedious Travel AND Real Grass on. Where do i have to input those messages?

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Iskandry wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:18 am Can you please explain a bit how to do that? I have no real knowledge of modding and programming, but i still want to play the game with Tedious Travel AND Real Grass on. Where do i have to input those messages?
That would need to be added to the mod's code in the spots where travel is started and stopped.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt