[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:16 am So I took a look at doing this and unfortunately it would require that these models are not combined with others to allow for interaction. Inside buildings the data has a type that is used to not combine furniture but the dungeon block data doesn't use the same thing. It does have a description of each model, but these are quite cryptic and only 3 letters. I may experiment and see what I can figure out, but this is not as easy as adding new models to the list.
Is this part of much the same problem as I ran into with camp fires?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3371

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not exactly the same, but interaction is only defined for dungeons by action records in the block data so a common theme.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 am Not exactly the same, but interaction is only defined for dungeons by action records in the block data so a common theme.
Hm... this would be the same reason as why all the shelves etc in dungeons are un-lootable?

pango

Post by pango »

Different topic, but I've found a corner case...
If you try to rappel down with your weapon readied, the mod tells you you can't climb with your weapon, but sort of lets you climb down nonetheless... Not firmly attached to the wall, but still works.

I think that in such case the player should just fall, but that's debatable...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

L57

Post by L57 »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:49 pm Do remember that each hit can be received by different armor pieces. You could look at the armor items in your savefile, or drop it here and I will take a look.
I have planned to figure it out on my own, but don't have enough time :( Here is a save file, if I understand correctly, armor pieces are damaged just slightly. I have arrived at the Giant stronghold to test my armor there but haven't done it yet.

I wonder what's the experience of other players with this feature, sad there is not that much feedback yet.
Save1.zip
(164.72 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Did a bit more testing and have quadrupled the amounts of damage armor takes for the next release of the mod.

ALso will have a new module - Ambient Text Messages! Written by JayH himself to add atmosphere to the game. It will be fully configurable so you can be spammed or only get one very occasionally, with some very context specific messages too. (In a desert city when overcast and nighttime for instance)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

hello

Post by hello »

just a suggestion, can you maybe have a notice or a "hurt" sound effect play and have the screen flash red for a sec when you kill a villager npc by trampling him with a galloping horse?
just as a helpful hint for people to help figure out why suddenly city guard is chasing after us.
i thought galloping in cities was illegal for some reason and was about to suggest a setting to allow it before reading what actually is going on. :lol: :lol:

amazing mod by the way, must have for every playthrough for me!

one more suggestion for a module by the way.. give a small percentage based speed boost when you have your weapon sheathed.
or alternatively speed debuff when weapon drawn. should be small but noticable. i think it would be pretty immersive

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well there is a spash of blood that appears briefly bit you ride through it quite fast :D

Happy to add a sound effect if you want to suggest an appropriate one from the standard DF sounds.

hello

Post by hello »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:20 pm Well there is a spash of blood that appears briefly bit you ride through it quite fast :D

Happy to add a sound effect if you want to suggest an appropriate one from the standard DF sounds.
maybe the standard "successful hit" thud sound could be good? most people will probably immidiately associate that sound with having hit something i guess.
at first i was thinking the standard scream sound npcs/player sometimes make when they get hit, but it might be difficult to differentiate between genders. galloping over some a guard and hearing a woman scream could be strange :lol:

really there is a blood splatter? i never noticed it. now you make me want to run over some npcs to check it out :lol:

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

There's a blood spatter? I had this happen once (only walking while mounted; not "running") and had no idea why the guard was after me until the arrest. ("Halt!" "What?" "Halt!", "Who, me? I didn't do anything!") Might want to consider displaying the spatter for a bit longer. The "thud upon hit" sound would work well.