[MOD] Meaner Monsters

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Meaner Monsters

Post by Ralzar »

Haha, I'll see what I can do.

L57

Post by L57 »

This mod isn't difficult to edit for personal preferences since Ralzar provided a sheet with creatures stats. I adjusted it a bit to my own take on this, for example assigning Iron Atronach stats similar to those of Zombie (they are the same apart from default atronach's HP, so he's even worse than Zombie now), and added Zombie more hit points to make him more like animated piece of meat which is so rotten and degraded that it doesn't care about any additional damage as much as living beings. :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.2 of Meaner Monsters out.

Buffed rat
Buffed Grizzly Bear
Buffed Sabertooth Tiger
Buffed Werewolf
Buffed Wereboar
Buffed Giants
Rebalanced Zombie
Buffed Mummy
Debuffed Giant Scorpion
Buffed Orc
Buffed Orc Sargeant
Buffed Orc Shaman
Buffed Orc Warlord
Buffed Atronachs:
Fire : +Damage
Iron: +Level
Flesh: +Hit Points
Ice: +Armor

List in OP updated with the new stats.

squerol

Post by squerol »

Buffed stats for enemies is welcome change but kinda useless because how terrible enemies speed and tracking is. Is it possible to buff enemies speed too or remove stunlock? Right now player can just outrun and stunlock everything to death.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not at the present, but I've honstly not looked for it.
I'll see what I can dig up, but since all monsters move at the same speed I suspect they share the same value.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

squerol wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:06 am Buffed stats for enemies is welcome change but kinda useless because how terrible enemies speed and tracking is. Is it possible to buff enemies speed too or remove stunlock? Right now player can just outrun and stunlock everything to death.
Are you playing with very high reflexes setting? That makes a difference. Also if you have a very high speed stat, vanilla DF is broken and you will mow down everything quite easily. This is somewhat alleviated by the weapon speed module of the R&R mod by the way.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

squerol

Post by squerol »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 am Are you playing with very high reflexes setting? That makes a difference. Also if you have a very high speed stat, vanilla DF is broken and you will mow down everything quite easily. This is somewhat alleviated by the weapon speed module of the R&R mod by the way.
Yep, I've chosen max reflex settings during character creation.

Even on low speed stat enemies aren't competent enough to prove any challenge - after they reach You they won't attack immediately - most of the time they will just jog in place like retards until they decide to attack (or perform combo like NPCs) :roll:

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Does there happen to be some Boolean parameter for that trait that skeletal warriors have? Where they take less damage from bladed weapons and normal/more from blunt weapons? If that is something that you could mod as well, I think the atronachs could be made different in that regard. Like the Ice would take more from blunt and less from bladed, the iron would take more from bladed, but less from blunt and the flesh would take more from bladed and less, etc.

Also maybe modifying the AC of some of the beasts would make sense, but buff the AC of some of the higher level enemies? Since it's sort of strange how the weapon materials work in my mind. As you get better materials, you also get better bonuses to hit, but the AC of the enemies goes down more and more as most of them get higher level it seems? That does not really make sense to me, the AC should be lower (within reason) for when you would be fighting with steel and such, and higher when you have the bonus to hit maxed out with Daedric and such.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I just tried out the mod, I don't think it seems to be working, at least not in Privateers Hold. The first rat hit me for 1-4 a bunch of times, and the giant bat did 9+ damage. Maybe i'm missing something with how the Min-Max damage works? Their health did not seem to be changed either, at least the rats were dying to an iron short-sword in like 1-2 hits with only like 50 strength, (0-7 base damage weapon). Not sure if anyone else is tested this out. The mod is enabled and i'm starting with a new character when I have tested out a few times.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

@Ralzar
So I thought that something was going wrong. I decided to test this in Unity with just your mod enabled, and it seems to be throwing an exception on initialization and causing the script not to function. I'm using the .dfmod for the Windows Standalone and getting this in the console.
Tested in Unity on 2/25/2020, 1:40 PM
Tested in Unity on 2/25/2020, 1:40 PM
Meaner Monster Thrown Exception.JPG (39.33 KiB) Viewed 1779 times