Do Arrows Have Different Materials?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
FallGuy

Do Arrows Have Different Materials?

Post by FallGuy »

It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, but every so often I find someone carrying arrows that show up as a different color on the screen. I've seen black (Ebony?) and, now, red (Daedric?):

When I pick them up, though, they just get added to the normal-colored pile of arrows in my inventory.

Do arrows have different materials and, if so, does it make a difference for things like weight or damage?

Hazelnut

Re: Do Arrows Have Different Materials?

Post by Hazelnut »

What version are you playing, that was fixed quite a while ago or so we thought. Arrows don't have material types, so it's only visual anyway.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy »

0.10.19, but I will say I have several mods installed as well.

It is pretty rare, I've only seen it maybe 2 or 3 times out of hundreds of arrows looted from corpses. :)

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

So does that mean ordinary arrows are treated the same as if they were daedric when used against monsters (such as vampires) that can only be hit by silver or higher quality material weapons? Or that they are supposed to have no effect upon such creatures?

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Dubiousintent wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 am So does that mean ordinary arrows are treated the same as if they were daedric when used against monsters (such as vampires) that can only be hit by silver or higher quality material weapons? Or that they are supposed to have no effect upon such creatures?
Well arrows take on the material type of the bow used so there isn't really ordinary arrows. As Hazelnut said the different types of lootable arrows was/is a bug. There might be a mod that changes this but I haven't seen it so it would be nice if it could be linked it would be interesting to see different materials for arrows implemented.

pango

Post by pango »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:44 am What version are you playing, that was fixed quite a while ago or so we thought. Arrows don't have material types, so it's only visual anyway.
I think it's fixed for shops, but not (always?) for loot. It's purely cosmetic now, since the problem before was that some arrows could be much more expensive to buy.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Baler

Post by Baler »

Would love to see a mod that adds material arrows that affect damage. GL with that. :?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Baler wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:10 pm Would love to see a mod that adds material arrows that affect damage. GL with that. :?
What I was thinking.

It would actually be pretty fun if the Bow defined damage, but the arrow defined material for ability to damage werewolfs etc.
But then you'd need a way to select arrow types etc, which could get akward.