KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

I just checked that it happens in classic too. But because of the resolution you have to be pretty close to notice it...
Castle Daggerfall.jpg
Castle Daggerfall.jpg (60.41 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, has the mod settings "presets" changed in some way?

I used to store them at "...Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Presets"

And thats also how I distribute them in the DREAM mod, so I instruct ppl to just paste the "Presets" folder to the "Streaming assets"

But now I see the presets folder is almost empty in my game, so they seem to be stored elswhere?

Have I missed some changes? Thank you!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:54 am Hi, has the mod settings "presets" changed in some way?

I used to store them at "...Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Presets"

And thats also how I distribute them in the DREAM mod, so I instruct ppl to just paste the "Presets" folder to the "Streaming assets"

But now I see the presets folder is almost empty in my game, so they seem to be stored elswhere?

Have I missed some changes? Thank you!
That's the correct place. What do you mean with almost empty"? If you don't see presets created in-game is because they have never been there, they are inside Mods/GameData/GUID in Appdata folder. Exported presets are stored as individual files inside Mods/ExportedPresets. This is all documented. 😉

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thats what I thought. I had some reports my presets for recommended mods are not working. So I checked my "presets" folder and it was empty. I knew they had to be stored elswhere, in a place you stated now. It made me confused. But I think the person reporting it was even more confused than I am... :lol:

Thanks!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey, I have not really looked at how all the parts of DREAM was made, but I just wanted to check something.

I made this little mod that was just an editing of two humanoid classic sprites. Is there a relatively easy way to produce a DREAM-version of those sprites?

Helmet Swap

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:43 pm Hey, I have not really looked at how all the parts of DREAM was made, but I just wanted to check something.

I made this little mod that was just an editing of two humanoid classic sprites. Is there a relatively easy way to produce a DREAM-version of those sprites?

Helmet Swap
Hi.. well to make it a DREAM level is not easy. Currently its impossible because the AI upscalling is not working on my new system. And MasonFace who made the 1st ai upscales of MOBs was facing the same issue recently (but ask him please)

I can do simple xBRZ upscales.. thats how my mobs looked like 1 year ago. If it helps with anything. I think u should ask MasonFace 1st

Ps: another way is me sending u the dream sprites and u do the same changes on them. Thats I guess the best way.

Dream sprites have a loooong way behind them. AI upscales and alpha masking. Than adding detail with another AI program for upscaling photos. Than a lot of manual input. Softening of front facing outlines. Corrections of upscaling artifacts...

That pipeline is lost :/

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ah damn, sad to hear that.

No way I'm doing the sprite cutnpasting over again. It was terribly boring to do once :D

I'll see if I can contact MasonFace.

Thanks for the information.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:57 am Ah damn, sad to hear that.

No way I'm doing the sprite cutnpasting over again. It was terribly boring to do once :D

Thanks for the information.
Ok.
..that cutnpasting.. I hope not many ppl misread it the way I did 😂

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

..that cutnpasting.. I hope not many ppl misread it the way I did
Oh, yikes! I had to look a second time, too. lol
I'm afraid that I've lost all my Gimp scripts when I upgraded my computer so a lot of my automation is lost. :oops:

I would also need to get Phredreeke to generate new upscaled masks for these sprites since I can't do that part myself.

Also, I haven't been keeping up with all the lastest AI upscaling models that have been released in the last several months.

To be honest, I think Phredreeke would be the best guy to contact for this job, but he was last active Feb 05. Maybe he's still around.

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I say this as a mere observer, so take it with a grain of salt:

The AI upscaling process produced great results but still required enormous amounts of labor. I think future enemy customization would be better served by sprites generated from 3D models (MasonFace's own Spriter, Kamer's work). No messing around with 1 pixel misalignments and all that. Once the basic models are made, especially if they are designed with the desire to switch out equipment in mind, you can create many many variations without all of the fine-tuning. Just my two cents.
I am very thankful you guys were able to upscale all of the vanilla assets using the old process. If we're going to make new material anyway, 3d-->sprites seems like the most sensible route. They won't look exactly the same but I think it could be pretty close.

This is not to discourage Ralzar. I am just offering some advice as someone who watched Mason and KoW rip their hair out getting all of this AI upscaling done.