Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Baler

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by Baler »

Zero concern from me at the moment. The numbers aren't high enough in my opinion.
If you're from china i'd be worried over 80k + the numbers the chinese gov won't release or record.

I've survived sars, multiple ecoli cases,....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... st_century

Wash your hands.

Edit: im honestly more scared of dieing from a vehicle related incident than most anything else in life. Some of the people they let have licenses are horrible drivers.

ZerioctheTank

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Baler wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:22 pm Zero concern from me at the moment. The numbers aren't high enough in my opinion.
If you're from china i'd be worried over 80k + the numbers the chinese gov won't release or record.

I've survived sars, multiple ecoli cases,....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... st_century

Wash your hands.

Edit: im honestly more scared of dieing from a vehicle related incident than most anything else in life. Some of the people they let have licenses are horrible drivers.
Same. The person here in Texas are some of the most reckless drivers I've seen in my life. Here in Austin we had an episode where the dams were overwhelmed with the high amount of rainfall which resulted in everyone in the area being advised to not drink the tap water for two weeks. After that little incident a few neighbors, and myself have made sure to keep some bottled water & non perishable food items in stock just in case. This isn't something I'm seriously concerned about, but keeping up with it is rather intriguing.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for input :)

As it was said, this has at least 2 layers.

1st is health
2nd is economy

Every country has different situation. Its not the same for USA or a small country in the middle of the Europe. There were runs for food in my country already, and it doesnt matter if it was justified or not. Me being prepared for it saved me a lot of stress and time. And that was even before any confirmed cases here, god knows what will happen when/if there will be cases and the numbers will rise. Respirators and such are completely gone from the market

We have like 1000 places for ppl with respiratory issues. IF we get over this number, ppl will start to die fast. With 15% of the infected having pneumonia, that means less than 8 000 infected = huge issues in my country because we will run out of capacity.

Time will tell, but I think some countries will be hit hard - those who have lower medical support, poor hygiene standards and lots of ppl meeting at one place..

I just prefer to be ahead of that curve, see what is happening and react in advance.

The economic impact is yet to be seen, but I expect at least a price rise on electronics, that will impact everyone.

Baler

Post by Baler »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:53 pm The economic impact is yet to be seen, but I expect at least a price rise on electronics, that will impact everyone.
Several factories / manufacture plants have been temp shut down due to the virus.
These companies stocks have gone down because they can't get products.

Which is ironic because they sent all their work over seas to china and right now it's biting them in the ass.
If you want to look into it deeper Apple has a lot of public info about how it's affected them. I know of several smaller companies aswell but less well known.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

If the supply goes down (factory is closed) than the price goes up.
I cant see any reason for prices to start dropping, all I see is reduced supply.

(haha you edited that out I guess before I made the reply, doesnt matter, all good :) )

Yes, Apple is a USA company. So that might be a exception. But I dont believe they dont use ANY stuff from china. Some conductors, small chips, where they make the displays? I dont like Apple, so I had no reason to dig into their sourcing, so I can be wrong ;)

PS: Ive posted this on prev page... it looks like 10% decrease in supply, and thats just wishful thinking from chineese authorities? https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-e ... ustry.html

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hm so 1st three cases in my country today. Those are confirmed. Man who was skying in italy... I dont know what to say. Why u must go skying to italy where there is this virus? He for sure had that "whatever" attitude. This weekend 1000s of ppl returned from there, tomorrow they go to work... what can I say really? In 1 month there will be 1000s of confirmed cases here, possibly more. Thanks, I hope the snow was nice!

One hospital which has a really good name here confirmed they have TEN beds ready for pneumonia. 3 if them already occupied. 7 left. Good job guys. This dude was placed on a room with another patient who did not have covid19. Perfect.

Let the circus begin..
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hm so its in my city, and in the exact city part I live in...

U know, what ever it is, just the fact it took just a few weeks for it to get from China to my very close vicinity 8000 km away. Just think about it.

Government restricted the sale of face masks and respirators to the public... LOL
We have just a few rotten hospitals with just a few rotten beds in it ready for this.
After months we had to prepare...

Im glad I have food for 2 months. Hmm... this will be what I thought the whole time.

Totally unprepared country with just a few places where they can solve the respiratory issues. With 15% infected having these issues, its takes just 8000 infected ppl to fill 1000 beds. And I dont think we have 1000 beds suitable dealing with pneumonia. More like 500 God willing. 4000 ppl will be infected in MAX one month, than the shit will hit the fan hard :X

Because a patient will call to hospital that he is suffocating and they will tell him to stay home, maybe send a medic to his place.. but if you have pneumonia, your only help is in that hospital :roll:

Baler

Post by Baler »

I hate it when I hit a dungeon and fast travel around before I realize I have an illness and die at the city gate.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Baler wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 pm I hate it when I hit a dungeon and fast travel around before I realize I have an illness and die at the city gate.
:D or u wake up in some freakin cellar looking like a werebeast... and its not your local pub

Ryan7251

Post by Ryan7251 »

my state just got a case of it so lets just say i am not super happy about this turn of events.