[MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.6 (20 Dec 2022)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
L57

Re: [MOD] Decorator

Post by L57 »

I agree with the option 2. The first one just feels... too cheesy to me or something. :D

I'd suggest to make three (or two) versions of this feature, if it's not too hard to implement: basic version is where you can add only 'real' furniture stuff: chairs, tables, lamps and so on. The advanced version also allows some other stuff such as alchemical vessels, random trash items, probably pets, such as cats and dogs. And third version allows everything.

It also would be perfectly OK to merge the first two, but the third one definitely should be separated, in my opinion.

Personally I'd prefer to stick with the second version I suggested.

To me, it should allow you to buy stuff that you can normally buy in the city and which make sense being inside the house: including flowers, cats, dogs, tools, etc etc. So it's good to keep these furniture shops as means to buy any misc stuff in your house that you normally could expect to see in the house.

On the other hand, torture room and bloody remains is definitely too extreme for standard/default version of the mod, as well as cows, road signs and other weird purchases, but it could be 'unlockable' via mod options for those who wish so.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I would suggest a simple cost for each item placed. Moving should be free of course.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:22 pm I would suggest a simple cost for each item placed. Moving should be free of course.
100% agreed, simple and efective

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Wow, another amazing mod! Good job!

Kaedius

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.1 (20-02-2020)

Post by Kaedius »

Update 0.1.1

- Added optional gold cost per placed object to settings.
- Added Item Maker to available objects.
- Added option to restrict placing spell maker, potion maker, or item maker until appropriate rank in guild acquired.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Apparently I am missing something as I am ArchMage but do not see a "SpellMaker", "ItemMaker", nor "PotionMaker" item in the lists of objects to place with the latest versions of Decorator and Airships. I can guess the "PotionMaker" is not present as I don't belong to a Temple as yet. But what is needed to get the Maker for Spells and Items?

It also threw me that the hotkey for the Decorator didn't work in my Airship. But did finally discover that it is integrated into the shipboard "Customize" control. Might want to caution people that on an Airship the "Mid" height button places the object up a deck level and some feet in front of where the character is standing. I thought it wasn't working until I went up on deck to see my "failed" items trying to place on the outer hull floating off the side of the ship.

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Dubiousintent wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:09 am Apparently I am missing something as I am ArchMage but do not see a "SpellMaker", "ItemMaker", nor "PotionMaker" item in the lists of objects to place with the latest versions of Decorator and Airships. I can guess the "PotionMaker" is not present as I don't belong to a Temple as yet. But what is needed to get the Maker for Spells and Items?

It also threw me that the hotkey for the Decorator didn't work in my Airship. But did finally discover that it is integrated into the shipboard "Customize" control. Might want to caution people that on an Airship the "Mid" height button places the object up a deck level and some feet in front of where the character is standing. I thought it wasn't working until I went up on deck to see my "failed" items trying to place on the outer hull floating off the side of the ship.
Hmm I may have been hasty with the guild rank addition, I didn't give it a proper testing. Will look into it soon, I think it may just need a little reorganzing.

The Med button at the moment simply adds a little height to the default position, but I added far too much height so it tends to launch objects out of view. It's also what the Reset button defaults to, so it can lead to annoyance when Snap is clicked after a reset and the object disappears. Should have a quick fix out tomorrow for that and adding the hotkey for decorator into airships, but maybe not the guild stuff yet.

FallGuy

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.2 (22-02-2020)

Post by FallGuy »

This looks really great; however, I've noticed that when I exit the decorator interface, the game control seems to be in "cursor" mode (?) instead of the normal mouse-look mode, and I can't find a way to switch back. Is this a quirk of the mod, or am I just doing something wrong?

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

FallGuy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:30 pm This looks really great; however, I've noticed that when I exit the decorator interface, the game control seems to be in "cursor" mode (?) instead of the normal mouse-look mode, and I can't find a way to switch back. Is this a quirk of the mod, or am I just doing something wrong?
I don't think you are doing anything wrong...sounds like the mouselook settings aren't setting properly for some reason when you exit the menu.

Is the cursor still visible and mouselook still works, or is it stuck in a static mouselook and the cursor moves like it's in a menu? Also are you using fullscreen in the video options?
Dubiousintent wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:09 am Apparently I am missing something as I am ArchMage but do not see a "SpellMaker", "ItemMaker", nor "PotionMaker" item in the lists of objects to place with the latest versions of Decorator and Airships.
I've been unable to replicate this issue. Does anyone else using this option have an issue with not having the appropriate checkboxes available according to rank?

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

The "Maker" issue has been fixed between the v0.10.20 release and your last version. (Don't recall which.) The major problem was on my side due to a lack of description of the basic process. The controls description were fine, but how to create a "maker" was missing. Something along the lines of:

"To create a 'Maker' item (SpellMaker, ItemMaker, PotionMaker) first select the decorative object for the role. Place and scale it using the controls. Then enable the appropriate checkbox, ("Spell", etc.) and save the setting (square button)."

It took me a bit to work out that the "Spell" check box turned whatever decorative item was being edited into the "SpellMaker". (I was initially expecting a single pre-defined piece of furniture to have that role. I had tried enabling the checkbox, but nothing happened because I hadn't selected an "item" to be the object first.) I decided to use a "book" item, and it took quite a bit of working out how to position and scale the book to fit on the podium. It would be nice to have a way to make it "static" once placed so the book didn't rotate to face the player like an interactive sprite. Frankly a "static" of a book on a podium or table would have been my preference.

The "ItemCreator" was much simpler to work out: just selected and placed an anvil with the correct box enabled.

I did have the same issue with the mouse controls, but had already learned to use the "Activate Cursor" (default <Enter> key) to switch modes.