Is My Math Right or Wrong for The Hit Formula?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

Re: Is My Math Right or Wrong for The Hit Formula?

Post by mikeprichard »

Monsters do have specific attribute values, including Agility and Luck, depending on monster type, e.g. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Rat.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:38 pm Monsters do have specific attribute values, including Agility and Luck, depending on monster type, e.g. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Rat.
wat

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

yup

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, added attributes to my calculations.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

On the unofficial Wiki it says that the monsters do have stats, most of them have 50-60 luck generally. Agility is usually pretty high for most enemies like around 80s and up. These stats also hold in the Unity "Career Viewer" tool, so I figure the monsters do have stats. I don't think the effect is that great overall, unless the difference between the target and the attacker are very significant.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

But, during character creation, agility is listed as giving a tohit bonus of between -5 and +5 based on:

Agility / 10 - 5

AG.png
AG.png (130.52 KiB) Viewed 1332 times

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:30 pm But, during character creation, agility is listed as giving a tohit bonus of between -5 and +5 based on:

Agility / 10 - 5

AG.png
That's the number that I THINK is where this gets put in that you were confused about.
Enchantment (not sure about this value at the moment)
Edit: And that's why I think that agility technically has double the hit-chance effect that luck has, and the fact that it does not explicitly say that your odds of hitting, just combat odds, maybe that factors into the targets avoidance as well?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I just noticed in the formula what Ralzar mentioned that the Critical Strike skill modifier is not always added, only when the attacker succeeds in a role does it even get applied. That makes the skill EVEN WORSE than I thought it was in terms of making it a useful skill to have, that makes me want to modify the way it works even more now. Only quirk is that I would likely have to restrict the change for the player only, since the enemies would benefit much more from it since they all would have 100 skill in it after level 14.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Also just found out what "Biography Avoid Hit Mod" does in the equation. There is a question in the character creation phase that asks "You Have The Most Trouble ___" if you answer "Fighting and parrying" it adds a -5 avoidance chance whenever something attacks you. So it basically reduces your overall armor by 5. It might even have some effect on your chances of hitting as well, but did not verify that, just know that if that one question is answered like that, your character now permanently has +5 more chance of being hit.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

The Critical Strike skill only gives a skill % chance to add skill / 10% to hit chance. So yes, as discussed elsewhere (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2278#p26569), it's kind of garbage.