[0.10.21] Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score [RESOLVED 0.10.22]

Magicono43

[0.10.21] Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score [RESOLVED 0.10.22]

Post by Magicono43 »

Describe the bug
If you enchant a piece of armor with any enchantment in the item maker, after making the item your character will now have massive armor rating in whatever body part that armor piece is related to. Chain seems to have the best effect of +45 armor, once you put the piece of armor on the armor goes to 0, but once removed reverts back to +45. This can even be stacked with other pieces of armor, such as some leather piece which adds another +3.

This appears to not be saved, so if you save the game and reload that save, the armor goes back to working normally, but if you don't load a save, you can keep this god armor permanently it seems.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

- Go to any item maker, make sure you do not currently have any armor equipped.
- Enchant any piece of armor you have such as chain gloves or something, with any effect, Positive or Negative both work.
- Look at paper-doll and see that your armor value for that part of the body is now massively increased.

Expected behavior
Not what is currently happening

Screenshots
Crazy Armor
Crazy Armor
I AM A GOD.JPG (189.51 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Desktop (please complete the following information):

Version: Alpha 0.10.21
Additional context

Yes, it's not just a display issue, if you go up to enemies with this super armor they basically can't hit you, and if you put the enchanted item on and see your values go down to 0, they will start hitting you as usual.

Interkarma

Re: Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. I can confirm that's happening, though not sure when it started. I'll move to bug reports and investigate when I can.

Magicono43

Re: Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score

Post by Magicono43 »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 pm Cheers. I can confirm that's happening, though not sure when it started. I'll move to bug reports and investigate when I can.
Thank you sir. Obviously not a big issue since it fixes itself on loading a save, but a bug none the less.

mikeprichard

Re: [0.10.21] Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score

Post by mikeprichard »

I can't reproduce this in 0.10.22. Fixed?

Interkarma

Re: [0.10.21] Enchanting Armor Gives Player God Armor Score

Post by Interkarma »

Yes, that was fixed by below PR thanks to Hazelnut.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1751