Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

Surprisingly I've decided to work on a new update to VIO. One I've been wanting to do for awhile but should now have the knowledge to get to work.

-Night Guards
-Proper Villager density according to town type (Less crowds at villages and booming cities)

Besides that, I'm looking into maybe adding a few new race graphics as well.
nightlife.png
nightlife.png (338.49 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

Baler

Post by Baler »

I really like this mod and perhaps I'm naive but is it possible to upscale the art for the various immersive races?
I think many people use dream,. yada yada it'd blend nicer. (no I don't want kow to absorb your project)

Thanks for all your mods and effort you put into dfu. Also I love your screenshots

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Baler wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 pm I really like this mod and perhaps I'm naive but is it possible to upscale the art for the various immersive races?
I think many people use dream,. yada yada it'd blend nicer. (no I don't want kow to absorb your project)

Thanks for all your mods and effort you put into dfu. Also I love your screenshots
If anyone wants to upscale them they can feel free to do so.

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

When I put this mod at a higher priority than DREAM - Commoners, a handful of paperdolls from this mod and DREAM (the latter in the case of overlaping paperdoll edits) become either stretched horizontally and/or super tall.
Tall and Stretched Glitches.zip
A collection of glitched paperdolls
(701.14 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
When DREAM - Commoners is listed like how it is in the below screenshot, the mods play a little bit nicer. However, some of the sprites do not benefit from DREAM's beautifying. Notably guards, carriages, and horseback riding NPCs.
When at lower priority.
When at lower priority.
Modlist2.PNG (211.62 KiB) Viewed 2021 times

pango

Post by pango »

That a FAQ
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

It's even on the first post now:
*If you install VIO V4 alongside KOW-DREAM, make sure you make it higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS*
By the way it would be better if this could be expressed as a constraint in the metadata of the mod, so it's handled automatically. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3372&p=41078#p41078
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

And, as this question allways comes up:

HIGHER PRIORITY means what? Lower in the mod listing? THe mod list loads from top to bottom, so a mod that is lower in the list will take priority over one that is loaded earlier?

pango

Post by pango »

VIO must be loaded after DREAM - Commoners
-- Charles Goodhart

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 am And, as this question allways comes up:

HIGHER PRIORITY means what? Lower in the mod listing? The mod list loads from top to bottom, so a mod that is lower in the list will take priority over one that is loaded earlier?
Whatever is loaded last is the priority. Whats loaded first is loaded in and the mod lower on the list is loader after, overwriting what was previously loaded.

In other news, I've been trying to work on VIO when I get free time to update it for everyone. I've added small tasks players can complete to increase rep with the people, and get a bit of gold. These tasks are super short, based in the current town you are in and are meant for new characters in mind. I think its a bit ridicules for new characters to be sent to labyrinth dungeons to be able to really start out. This way, it should be a bit easier to afford things when you start, and whats wrong with a bit of helping villagers?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Guards at night are cool but whats the point without actual protection? I have your answer!

Spoiler!