Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Baler

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by Baler »

The earliest speculated vaccine is 2021,.. so that's a year away.
Corona may just become another flu we get every year, that's a possibility. The common cold kills people every year and so does the 'normal' flu. Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to down play things at the moment.

Sanitizers, alcohol, disinfectant wipes are also flying off the shelves / sold out where I live. :roll:
Similar to how KoW described, stores are putting up signs to say they don't have these products in stock.

heh,. going to have to bust out the grain alcohol and splash some on me. Officer I swear it's to prevent covid-19 I've not been drinking! :lol:

Jay_H

Re: Just a general COVID19 thread - dont open if you not interrested in RL issues

Post by Jay_H »

It's turning out to be quite the event! I showed my wife the video on the previous page, and now she's subscribed :lol: I take back what I said previously; still, in my defense (1) I've avoided all public events and large group gatherings and (2) I haven't told anyone not to be careful. I consider myself free from blame :D

I did hear that a vaccine was already in the early stages though, so I don't know whether 2021 is accurate.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Guys this is the best article u will find on internet about this topic, pls study it, its extremely analitical

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, my city just closed all schools and kindergardens from monday. My offices are allready allmost empty as most people are working from home. We'll probably all be told to work from home soon. Which suit me fine. Me and the wife can work together in the apartment :)

But yeah, everything is going on lockdown here.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, I got the info from a "friend of a friend" that the shops are closing today or tomorrow here :roll:
So I did last shopping today. And I start the self quarantine. The tension in the shop was... intense.
Everyone was panic shopping, the mood was absolutely dreadful :/

Im so glad I will not have to be there at the evening or tomorrow, that will be just HELL.

Stay safe, and really, stay at home if possible. It will help the situation.

PS. so we are at the state of "distress", the rules are max 30 ppl, was 100ppl yesterday, restaurants are closed - that is - so far for 30 days. Plus all the things Ive said already, schools, restrictions...

As Ive said yesterday, I expect these measures to be even harder, they just try to not scare ppl so they implement it one after another, increasing days and intensity of measures etc. My country will be basically in the safe mode after just few more days. NOW ppl start to realize what is happening. KoW is always 3 steps ahead ;)

Ive got some cash money, food, Ive stocked father and his familly, full fuel, I dont have to leave my house for 2 or 3 months and the same applies to all (extended) family members. Plus Ive prepared my business for the country lockdown. Now just hope I dont already have it. But even if I have, Im glad I did everything I did.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I live in a town with population less than 7000 people in a middle of nowhere in Finland and yesterday it was announced that 2 people here has Corona Virus. Sigh, great.

Baler

Post by Baler »

There is literally no toilet paper in stores in a 40 mile radius of where I live. :lol:
People are selling it on the down low. :?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What the hell is it with people and toilet paper?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This is puzzling to me as well, like the toilet paper is the no.1 must have thing in apocalypse :D
Heres my city survival kit!! I offer it for a mere 500 bucks
Spoiler!
20200312_161707.jpg
20200312_161707.jpg (360.21 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Garlic for the vampires. *check*
Silver knife for the werewolves. *check*
Bright light for the banshees. *check*
Mask for the zombies. *check*

Where's the toilet paper for the mummies?
Last edited by MasonFace on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.