Bugged Quests

For all talk about quests. Creating, testing, bugs, and development progress.
Winstorming

Bugged Quests

Post by Winstorming » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am

I recently started playing Daggerfall Unity, and I've noticed a lot of quests seem to be broken. For example one Fighter's Guild quest where you're supposed to go to a dungeon and kill a giant. I went to the location and killed the giant, but nothing happens, the quest doesn't get updated/completed. I tried to re-enter the dungeon 3-4 times and kill the giant again but it just doesn't work. Also a thieves guild quest where I was supposed to smuggle drugs to a woman in a residence. I give her the drugs and get money from her but the quest doesn't complete, when I go back to the quest giver they just ask what the hell I'm doing and that I should be dealing with the task. This is very frustrating because now I can't take on new quests, I have to wait until the quests get cancelled and I lose reputation with the guilds.

pango

Re: Bugged Quests

Post by pango » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Welcome to the forums, Winstorming!

Game saves would help understand what's going on...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Bugged Quests

Post by Interkarma » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Almost all of the quests have been reviewed and are in a passing state. The Giant Killing quest is known to be working correctly. It sounds like you found a giant, but it wasn't the giant. You'll know it when you kill the right one. :)

Pango's advice is good. If you have troubles with a quest, please post a game save to Help & Support and we'd be happy to take a look at what's going on. There's a sticky at the top of Help & Support with information on how to locate saves on your platform.