Size of the Text in the Info Panel

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
JorgeOmana

Size of the Text in the Info Panel

Post by JorgeOmana »

Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to enlarge/increase the size of the text displayed in the info panel, it looks rather small to me.

I tried changing the game's resolution but it looks pretty much the same.

Interkarma

Re: Size of the Text in the Info Panel

Post by Interkarma »

Hello and welcome to the forums. :)

We use the same UI images as classic and that square is the only free space available in the classic UI for this optional QoL feature. Understood it's not ideal, but that's the only space available to display that text. The size of the text is determined by the space available.

You can disable it in settings if you don't like the appearance or would prefer to do things the classic way (select Info > click item > dismiss popup).

There has been some talk of optionally adding item info to tooltips. This would be a good variant of the info panel, but would probably require a small overhaul to toolsystem to support layout correctly. This is possibly something we can look at while building out the localisation support.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 pm There has been some talk of optionally adding item info to tooltips. This would be a good variant of the info panel, but would probably require a small overhaul to toolsystem to support layout correctly. This is possibly something we can look at while building out the localisation support.
Enabling more changes down the road (which is obviously not a priority just yet with the ongoing necessary bugfixing) would be amazing. Since the currently available INFO panel is very small, it doesn't allow the inclusion of full item data (including in particular any enchantments). I would still love to see a mod be able to give us tooltips like those shown at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1614&start=10#p18420, and would never play again without it! Sorry for hijacking the topic a bit, but I'm just hyped about the possibilities for further enhancements to the UI, as the hard-working devs have at this point stretched the UI's functionality to its limit.

JorgeOmana

Post by JorgeOmana »

Thanks for the explanation, Interkarma.

Item info in the tooltips would be awesome and I'd love to see it implemented one day.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think it's almost certain that someone will create a mod for modern style tooltips - there are enough people who want it it seems and it's possible since I added the UI window factory.

Regarding the size of text in the info panel, I made it as big as possible given the space available - it's only really usable on high resolutions, which is most people these days.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods