[0.10.22] Teleported under map by hitting enemy [MOD RELATED]

XJDHDR

[0.10.22] Teleported under map by hitting enemy [MOD RELATED]

Post by XJDHDR »

Earlier today, I encountered a glitch similar to a climbing glitch that's been mentioned a few times but
  • I get teleported under the land.
  • This happened after hitting an enemy.
I have attached a save where I am sneaking behind a healer that caused this issue. To reproduce this issue, here is what I did:
  • Try to pickpocket the healer and fail or just hit him. The point is to start a fight.
  • If the healer paralyses you, I have a "Free Action" spell in my spellbook.
  • After hitting them and closing the text box that appears, I sometimes get teleported under the map.
teleport under map save.zip
Save behind healer.
(625.44 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
This issue is intermittent though. It only happens around 50% of the time. Also note that this healer encounter was created by the Warm Ashes mod.

Here are the contents of output_log.txt, if it helps. For this log, I started the game, loaded the attached save then did the steps above. It looks like lines 2926 - 33 might be of interest.
https://pastebin.com/AU193zpA

Interkarma

Re: [0.10.22] Teleported under map by hitting enemy

Post by Interkarma »

I'll move this to bug reports for investigation. Thank you for save and details.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

And thank you for looking into it. I hope this will help find the problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for logs. You have a good eye, error is below from logs.

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit.StartDungeonInterior (DFLocation location, Boolean preferEnterMarker, Boolean importEnemies) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit+<Respawner>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Looks like one of the quests is trying to move player into a dungeon.

What's the message you mention that pops up before the crash occurs? I'm not running WA and get no text box and never teleported into the void.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

It was one of a handful of random messages along the lines of the healer being disgusted that I would attack them. For example, I just retested this and had them say this:
"You are in desperate need for an intervention. May Dibella's might strike you down."

I think it's a message WA attaches to the encounter. Do you believe that this is actually a WA bug?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Not sure. I was mainly hoping to work out which quest is teleporting player to a dungeon, as that's when the exception is happening. I'll install WA and try to narrow it down. Cheers!