Can't train Swimming with water breathing

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
KeyOfGeneralUse

Can't train Swimming with water breathing

Post by KeyOfGeneralUse »

I can't seem to train the Swimming skill with water breathing. Which means that with the Races Redone mod, Argonians ironically cannot improve their Swimming since they get Wather Breathing as a racial ability. Being able to breath under water doesn't mean you are a good swimmer. You also can swim with your head above water. Shouldn't you be able to become a better swimmer through swimming regardless wether you can breath under water?

Interkarma

Re: Can't train Swimming with water breathing

Post by Interkarma »

Skill tallies for swimming aren't tied to breath at all. They're accumulated once per game minute (5 real-time seconds) of active swimming. Link to code below.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ty.cs#L391

So you'll need to spend 5 seconds swimming per 1 skill tally. And you may need many dozens of skill tallies to increase level. This will also depend on your level and advancement multiplier. Swimming has a 1x skill tally multiplier relative to other skills. And don't forget a skill level can increase only after 6 hours of rest or cautious travel.

Some more general information on skillups in Daggerfall can be found on UESP here.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 am a skill level can increase only after 6 hours of rest or cautious travel.
I regularly get skill level-up messages after fast-travelling "recklessly" (which I always do), so maybe "cautious" travel isn't required?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I was working from memory on that point. Thanks for correcting. :)