Can I switch temples?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Regnier

Re: Can I switch temples?

Post by Regnier »

Hey i just went into negative rep with julianos to try to get into arkay but the option isnt opening up.

I did a bunch of quests with arkay before going negative in julianos, do i need to do the quests now?

any help is appreciated thanks

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

No, as far as I know you can only pick one temple per character and you are locked out of the rest for good. Only other way I could think of to accomplish this would be to alter the save-data files. This will hopefully become a mod at some point.

It seems I was incorrect, you just have to get negative rep and wait some time to get expelled.
Last edited by Magicono43 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just changed temples in 0.10.22:

1. Join Kynareth
2. Set Kynareth reputation to -100
3. Travel for one month
4. Return and talk to Kynareth temple, get expelled
5. Travel to Zenithar temple
6. Join Zenithar temple

I do believe that's classic behavior.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes you can fail quests until you get kicked out and then join a different one as Jay says, I even did this with my playtest char legit so I know it works.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm I just changed temples in 0.10.22:

1. Join Kynareth
2. Set Kynareth reputation to -100
3. Travel for one month
4. Return and talk to Kynareth temple, get expelled
5. Travel to Zenithar temple
6. Join Zenithar temple

I do believe that's classic behavior.
Oh my bad, was spreading false info then, lol.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Related to this and regnier's post above, is it the case in both classic and DFU that you also have to wait at least 28 days before being expelled from a faction after your most recent faction rank change, just as with a faction rank promotion (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Fact ... dvancement)? That seems to be what Jay_H is implying by waiting the month after joining/setting his rep to negative before he tries to get expelled. If so, I'll probably want to make that clearer on that page and the related Reputation page at http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Reputation. (Note when reading these classic wiki pages that DFU is different from classic at least in that you will not be demoted below your current rank in classic if your rep drops below the required rep for that rank, though you will still be expelled if your rep is below 0 in both classic and DFU.)