KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am Hmm, so you have the day/night versions working in Linux with the latest version? Because for me, on windows, it reverted to vanilla :D
But Ive found out why I guess - its because I have not included the 095 base material. I thought the 095_day and 095_night materials which Lacus gave me, are enough. So I made a 400kb dfmod with just the 095 base material, load it be4 rest of DREAM packages and now it seems to work...
Seems that way. I even tried with official 0.10.22 binary in case it was something to do with my dev build (I had DungeonExit unitypackage imported, so it could have changed the results?) but dungeon exits are still working fine in "real" dungeons for me.
King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am The chain material is a story on its own...
[...]
The only way to make chain armor look actually good, it to completely remake it by hand. I might do it at some point, but it was beyond the alpha version of the Paperdoll. I had to draw a line somewhere, and release it. You can spend your lifetime on the paperdoll project..
Interesting! I suspect that the shortest path to get convincing results would be some 3d modeling, maybe 3d artists here could give it a try?
Either way it'll require a lot of craftmanship...
Last edited by pango on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So the problem with cemeteries is on my side. Its really caused by the fact I did not include the 095 base material. When I patch it back, it starts to work properly.

What is strange is the fact, that some dungeons work properly even WITHOUT this fix.

Thats what was confusing about it, and thats why you found out it doesnt work even in the earlier DFU versions :)

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Most dungeons use model 70300 as entrance but there is a check in the code to check for a different model, the ID escapes me and Im on my phone but it probably has to do with that model
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Kraggy

Post by Kraggy »

[edit] .. I finally figured out what I was asking about.
Last edited by Kraggy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Thank You for releasing an update! :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

My pleasure, hope it works :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Finally realized the issue with sounds. The parry sounds were still too loud, same as the sounds of swinging blades, hit sounds as well, spells, some vocalizations... basically most of the fighting was too loud. Spent last days on the sounds and the progress is there. Not only on the volumes, I still improve on the current sounds as well, I try to make the game sound coherent and clean but still old and ofc vanilla. I dont swap original sounds out unless theres a very good reason to do so.

Im also working on better reshade setup, thats the part which needs the most testing in various environments, but Im getting there...

DrZorbo

Post by DrZorbo »

Fantastic work on an epic scale. I thank you for this, my characters thank you, and I think I heard my computer grin.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

DrZorbo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:59 am Fantastic work on an epic scale. I thank you for this, my characters thank you, and I think I heard my computer grin.
Thanks! Im glad you enjoy DREAMing with us :)

Just found the video which basically changed my life for next few years.... its 4 years already. I saw it. And I just had to join in, eventho I was not able to do anything for the project, only write cheers on the forums and that was it.

But where is enough will, there is no obstacle big enough to really stop that from happening.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So as the covid thread was locked because some ppl said I dont even know what (did not read all the posts towards the end) I need to share this here.

Listen, I dont care about what theory about the virus anyone has (I care, but not here) - I used that thread to share information I found valuable. And things which worked in my country, plus all the progress. We are basically one of the most succesfull country in this battle btw. Its a bit sad that that platform was locked for a post, which was not even mine :roll: But that happens, I can swallow it. But I think we have less drastic measures to keep the stuff in check?

Anyway

If you want to join us, come here and read https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/foldi ... mance.html
We already run the most powerful computer on this world with 11 000 000 cores and almost 1 000 000 GFX cards. NASA can just wish they had anything like this :twisted: And this computer is used to work strictly on tasks related to COVID19.

You can set it up in a way you wont even know its running, or you can go full on, or something in the middle. Depends on your mood ;)

PS: pls no theories on anything or strange source data :lol: Basically, this is all I will write about it here. But its important, thats why I did it. Join the team.