KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Xenophorm

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Xenophorm »

Hey, mod user here. I had a question about one of the character models. I noticed that Queen Akorithi looks really different. Much younger and with different clothes and so on. I was wondering what was the reason for that given that most other characters seem pretty close to the originals. I really like the new model just wondering.

pango

Post by pango »

I've seen people deterred, or at least wondering, about the documented 4GB VRAM requirement, but in my experience 2GB VRAM has been perfectly sufficient.
Do you think it's worth adjusting?

Maybe people using this mod could report what they're running it on and how well it works, so that more accurate requirements could be documented...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Xenophorm - She rules a desert area full of dark skinned people, has a exotic name and she was pale white. That npc made zero sense to me and felt really out of place. This new version just clicked so good I decided to use it and never went back.
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Pango, thanks it might be true. I said 4gb because my card has 4gb and is utilized fully. If your experience says 2gb is enough, I believe it and will change that 😊 Edit: done - here and at nexus
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn the Nexus bug reports are so vague its killing me, there are some issues, but its impossible to help those ppl or make any adjustments to the mod based on that. What a shame, its just frustrating https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... 5?tab=bugs

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:02 pm Damn the Nexus bug reports are so vague its killing me, there are some issues, but its impossible to help those ppl or make any adjustments to the mod based on that. What a shame, its just frustrating https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... 5?tab=bugs
Just be patient and only deal with them when you feel like it. I know how tiring that can get, especially when you have to pull every bit of info out of them.

Worst case, you can always tell them:

DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Xenophorm

Post by Xenophorm »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:00 am Xenophorm - She rules a desert area full of dark skinned people, has a exotic name and she was pale white. That npc made zero sense to me and felt really out of place. This new version just clicked so good I decided to use it and never went back.
Oh I agree completely that the original NPC made no sense. I was just curious about the artstlye used. I've seen a few people a bit confused by the feather imagery and the weird sleeves that don't really fit the general style of the area. Personally it doesn't bother me but I offered to ask on their behalf here. Do you plan to make adjustments or anything to the model? PS do you happen to have a png/jpg of the model only? I really like it and I'd love to see it isolated like that.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:37 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:02 pm Damn the Nexus bug reports are so vague its killing me, there are some issues, but its impossible to help those ppl or make any adjustments to the mod based on that. What a shame, its just frustrating https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... 5?tab=bugs
Just be patient and only deal with them when you feel like it. I know how tiring that can get, especially when you have to pull every bit of info out of them.

Worst case, you can always tell them:

Thanks for keeping me sane ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Xenophorm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:00 am Xenophorm - She rules a desert area full of dark skinned people, has a exotic name and she was pale white. That npc made zero sense to me and felt really out of place. This new version just clicked so good I decided to use it and never went back.
Oh I agree completely that the original NPC made no sense. I was just curious about the artstlye used. I've seen a few people a bit confused by the feather imagery and the weird sleeves that don't really fit the general style of the area. Personally it doesn't bother me but I offered to ask on their behalf here. Do you plan to make adjustments or anything to the model? PS do you happen to have a png/jpg of the model only? I really like it and I'd love to see it isolated like that.
I might change that feather to a moon, Im aware that that part is out of place a bit, for ppl who really look deeper than on the surface .)
183_8-0.png
183_8-0.png (419.37 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

Xenophorm

Post by Xenophorm »

Yeah apparently the feather + raven imagery belongs to Dwynnen which is in the northern region of High Rock in Daggerfall. I've never noticed it but I guess I can see how it might bother some people. Doesn't really bother me so I guess it's up to you. It's a great sprite regardless