KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Butcer

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Butcer »

I love those new models

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Butcer wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:58 am I love those new models
Thank you man, I appreciate the feedback ;) Welcome to the forums!

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 pm I might change that feather to a moon, Im aware that that part is out of place a bit, for ppl who really look deeper than on the surface .)
183_8-0.png
Amazing art, here's hoping that eventually, all NPCs get redrawn like this :)

Withersting

Post by Withersting »

Hey King!

I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed the new version of DREAM (I did a clean install)

The character textures are very blurry... I've tried everything, can't find a fix. Any solutions?

Edit: (the problem is with character textures, paperdoll and items in the inventory window) the rest of the game's textures look fantastic.

Edit 2: Looking closer at he picture, I just noticed that the sword handles are invisible in the inventory to the right, so definitely something is wrong... I do not use "compress textures" just FYI.

https://imgur.com/qkOOk1f

Ah_Ftagn

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

I discovered a long standing, possibly unreported issue DREAM by accident - The "Look Around" button assignment actually goes to the "Sneak" command. When you aren't using DREAM the button shows the correct text.

It's a minor issue if you know that those are the same bind, but for the longest time I didn't even realize there was a sneak key at all in daggerfall unity, and thought it was merged with crouch in the style of the games from oblivion and onwards.

pango

Post by pango »

Ah_Ftagn wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:02 am I discovered a long standing, possibly unreported issue DREAM by accident - The "Look Around" button assignment actually goes to the "Sneak" command. When you aren't using DREAM the button shows the correct text.
Reported a few times already ;)
Classic shows either text depending on whether you're in "cursor" or "mouse view" mode (found by @Jay_H I believe).
Since DFU implements only mouse view, "Sneak" is the appropriate text, but the wrong variant of that screen got upscaled/redrawn...
Last edited by pango on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Withersting wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm Hey King!

I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed the new version of DREAM (I did a clean install)

The character textures are very blurry... I've tried everything, can't find a fix. Any solutions?

Edit: (the problem is with character textures, paperdoll and items in the inventory window) the rest of the game's textures look fantastic.

Edit 2: Looking closer at he picture, I just noticed that the sword handles are invisible in the inventory to the right, so definitely something is wrong... I do not use "compress textures" just FYI.

https://imgur.com/qkOOk1f
There is no issue in that image mate.
The handles are supposed to look like that, they have the holes for the hands... same as in vanilla.
And the rest looks as it should as well.

Best solution is not using this part of the mod if you dont like it

EDIT: maybe try setting point filtering for the HUD but I dont think it will change anything (its in the game options)
Or try finding some clothing which looks better, or armor...
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed May 13, 2020 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ah_Ftagn wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:02 am I discovered a long standing, possibly unreported issue DREAM by accident - The "Look Around" button assignment actually goes to the "Sneak" command. When you aren't using DREAM the button shows the correct text.

It's a minor issue if you know that those are the same bind, but for the longest time I didn't even realize there was a sneak key at all in daggerfall unity, and thought it was merged with crouch in the style of the games from oblivion and onwards.
yea I remember I already changed it once I guess.. I dont even know what Im supposed to do with this
rewrite sneak to look around?

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:33 am I dont even know what Im supposed to do with this
rewrite sneak to look around?
Replacing "Look Around" with "Sneak", since DFU has no "Look Around" key would be perfect
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for clear instructions Pango :)